Project “Fat B!tch 2.0” is officially underway!!


Featured Build Threads

What did you end up doing? I was thinking a c-clamp on the rotor.

I meant from spinning around while being picked up.

I attached 2 bungee cords to it. It “self centered” every time it swung one way or the other.
 
Bungee FTW. I, too, have the ghost friends issue. I'm always the guy to help, but never the guy with help ("hey, I don't know much about cars, so, good luck with your project"). In a way it's saddening because depending on who you are, building cars is a social event, but if you're alone it's also the MacGuyver School of Hard Knocks. You learn skills that help you when nobody else knows what to do. I'm in South Carolina, or I'd be happy to help because that is a badass project you've got going on.

Project “Fat B!tch 2.0” is officially underway!!
 
Bungee FTW. I, too, have the ghost friends issue. I'm always the guy to help, but never the guy with help ("hey, I don't know much about cars, so, good luck with your project"). In a way it's saddening because depending on who you are, building cars is a social event, but if you're alone it's also the MacGuyver School of Hard Knocks. You learn skills that help you when nobody else knows what to do. I'm in South Carolina, or I'd be happy to help because that is a badass project you've got going on.

View attachment 148722
If you’re ever in B’ham, come on by!!
 
Project “Fat B!tch 2.0” is officially underway!!


THE most sought after Ford D60 front!


Project “Fat B!tch 2.0” is officially underway!!


Got the axle on some roll carts for easier moving.

Baby steps, but progress none the less.
 
Project “Fat B!tch 2.0” is officially underway!!


Got the rear axle cleaned up and mounted today.

I used the u-bolts and plates from a Sterling 10.5 (commonly found an 2/350’s). They are 3.5” tubes just like my D70, so it was perfect. An added benefit was that even with a 2” lift block, I still have enough thread that I have enough room to repack the rear leafs. So I’ll leave these longer till I get it dialed in and start checking flex with various spring combinations.
 
IMG_0578.jpeg


Unfortunately, the old shock mounts had to be cut off and ground down. Price of building I guess.

But again, I found these shock mounts that bolt on from a sterling 10.5. They are 3.5” openings so they wrap around the axle more, which to me seems like it would make a stronger mount.
IMG_0577.jpeg


There are 2 versions, and I had pulled these some time ago. I don’t remember if they are both from the same axle, or different axles. Either way, I have 2 options of which to use. The straight one looks better and seems to have a better range…. Plus, the flanges aren’t as high so I can get around the axle mounted brake lines easier.

I’m gonna weld these to the axle when I get them set up where I want. (Having the u-bolt helps hold in place while welding and measuring.) They are placed on the sterling axle using a welded plug and a u-bolt. (You can see where the plug goes in the top bracket).
 
yup. those are good pieces
 
i have the snowfighter....410 not 354

it used to be number one. the best one now is 2005 and up.....damn near cheapest too
 
Started mocking up the 77 F-150 steering box as you can see, the pitman arm doesn’t clear the frame.
IMG_0623.jpeg



I need to drop and tilt the box to line that bolt hole up. I’m pretty sure it will clear at the point.
IMG_0624.jpeg



Another pic to show where and how much I will have to notch the frame.
IMG_0627.jpeg


Also, as you can see, the box and the Ranger steering shaft don’t exactly line up. Tilting the box down should help this angle. I’m pretty sure a custom shaft will have to be made.
Project “Fat B!tch 2.0” is officially underway!!


While notching the frame for the lowering and tilting of the steering gear, I will have to box in and reinforce the frame. This little rounded edge can’t be there.
Project “Fat B!tch 2.0” is officially underway!!
 
Last edited:
thats not necessary


use a spacer from a jelly bean or 04 type truck and candt it forward.


then weld in new internal spacers for the new holes or move/modify the factory one...its just coiled flat stock.

when i do the 2wd gm saginaw box, i use the dodge 4x4 outer bracket with similar spacer offset....full length jeep wrangler steering shaft cut to fit.

this allows a big block or a coyote with minimal steering issues.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top