Nitto trail grapplers 285/70/16


Featured Build Threads

PRanger

10+ Year Member

Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
113
Points
1,601
City
NorCal
Vehicle Year
1998
Transmission
Automatic
Will a 285/70/16 tire fit on a stock suspension 1998 4x4 supercab no rubbing and no trim work?

What do you think of the trail grapplers from Nitto?
 
265/75/16 is biggest on a stock ranger. Shackles and a twist... Maybe. I only say that cause 265/75/16 fit with very minor rub without doing anything.
 
Will a 285/70/16 tire fit on a stock suspension 1998 4x4 supercab no rubbing and no trim work?

I doubt it. my dad is running 285 75 16 toyo mt's on his chevy 3500 and they rub a little. 285 70's are a little bit smaller but at the stock suspension I don't think they'll fit. a 285 tire is pretty wide too...
 
I doubt it. my dad is running 285 75 16 toyo mt's on his chevy 3500 and they rub a little. 285 70's are a little bit smaller but at the stock suspension I don't think they'll fit. a 285 tire is pretty wide too...
Ya it's 32x11.5 which is about 1" wider than 265/75/16.
Kinda upsetting Nitto doesn't offer that size since it is a popular size.
But lately been leaning towards the Federal Couragia MT's. I think they look badass:icon_hornsup:
 
I doubt it. my dad is running 285 75 16 toyo mt's on his chevy 3500 and they rub a little.

In the land of square wheel wells ones you get very much bigger than stock it takes a crazy and disproportional amount of lift to clear tires.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top