How many bolts on thermostat housing 2000 Ranger?


Featured Build Threads

bigtrucker

10+ Year Member

Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
1
Points
1,501
Transmission
Manual
2000 4cyl 2.5 ranger

temp gauge always at or below cold
barely any heat coming out of vents
engine warning light is on... Autozone says the code is low temp reading

so, I'm thinking the thermostat is just stuck open. But... I only see 1 bolt on right hand side as I'm looking at the housing where the upper radiator hose meets it.

Is there just 1 bolt? would seem like there should be another one on the other side, but I can't see... do i need to take other stuff off to get to it?
 
Might check the with the guys on the 4 cylinder forum. These symptoms can also mean an air pocket in your cooling system.
 
Yes, you should have posted in the 4cyl forum.

You should be looking at 2 bolts at least.

Another thing, is your coolant full? Have you had any cooling system work done recently?
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top