Curious Hound
I know a guy with a website
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Event Staff
⭐Supporting Member
💻 TRS Socials
Article Contributor
TRS Event Participant
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS 25th Anniversary
VAGABOND
U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
- Joined
- Feb 7, 2016
- Messages
- 21,079
- Points
- 1,601
- Age
- 62
- City
- Wellford, SC
- State - Country
- SC - USA
- Other
- 2002 F250, 2022 KLR 650
- Vehicle Year
- 1993
- Vehicle
- Ford Ranger
- Drive
- 4WD
- Engine
- 3.0L
- Transmission
- Manual
- Total Lift
- 6"
- Tire Size
- 35"
- My credo
- In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Amen!I was at Home Depot purchasing some stone blocks for a landscaping project. There were two sizes and I was buying the smaller size. The girl rang them up as the larger more expensive size and I happened to catch it and told her it wasn't right. I took a picture of the tag on the rack with the price on it. She didn't believe me and refused to go check the price herself. She was going by the picture she had on her computer and the price it showed. The small and larger blocks looked the same. I even pointed out the obvious size difference since it listed the measurements. I had to go find another employee who confirmed the price for me. You really have to be careful that you're not being overcharged at those home improvement stores.
In schools today they don't want anyone left behind, and don't want anyone to feel bad if they're not as bright as the other kids, so they can end up setting the pace and holding back everyone else in their class. Reality is that some kids need slower classes, and some kids need advanced. There's nothing wrong with identifying a child's learning abilities and grouping them appropriately.
My ex-girlfriends' son was brilliant but couldn't spell for crap and didn't see the point in memorizing how to spell words when he could just ask his phone how to spell them.
I'm not going down that college rabbit hole. I'll get pissed off and violate my own forum rules.
I don't trust the modern education system at any level, and I'll just leave it at that.
I'm seeing younger people getting involved in Ford Rangers and discovering things many of us have known for a long time. It's like we came full circle and are starting over. I saw someone recently post a video in amazement that you can unclip the cables on a tailgate and then remove it!
I hate social media.
I hate that there's a TRS facebook group.
I hate the quick likes and instant gratification.
I hate that people are more interested in social media fame than being part of a community.
I like when we can get people into the forum and be part of a community that actually helps each other. I like when those people actually get together and wheel, hang out at car shows, or have some kind of adventure together.
We can bitch about the younger generation, or we can try to take them under our wing and educate them.
My greatest mentors weren't teachers, athletes, or movie stars. They were my father who could fix or build anything, my uncles who were the same way, my mother who was always that one person you could count on to be there for you, and my friends that worked on their own shit which led me to feel like if they can do it, I can do it.
We learn from each other.
Build your shit.
Share it with the younger generations.
Teach them.
Inspire them.

