Building to last


Featured Build Threads

There’s also an oil resistant Ultra Grey that is available in both normal and “minute” ready versions. The quick stuff was in a dispenser can and I used it on a rear and also on an oil pan (fun fact, 2012 Nissan Murano the oil pan has no gasket from the factory, it’s a grey RTV).
My cousin is back in the state so I asked him to look underneath real quick. I pointed out the oil pan cuz of that leak from before and thought it was the pan. He was quite for a good minute and said good thing I didn't pay for the help before and asked about my schedule.
I'm pretty sure I'm spending every weekend working on this truck, he gave me a laundry list and asked if I really wanted to keep the Ranger. 😂
The ball joints got in last night so we'll work on that later today then checking out a leak with coolant hose to the water pump.
With all this leaking, I gotta come up with a creative nickname for it. The chillon 😭😂
 
define leak


I made a video but I can't upload it directly so I had to make a YouTube link. Please correct my verbage or terms on things, if ya will. I'm still learning 😅
 
the link is great..


is it coming out of the weep hole?
 
the link is great..


is it coming out of the weep hole?
IMG_20261003_102049444.jpg


My weep hole on this pump is located at the bottom. From what I can see there is coolant residue. After running the truck I don't see leakage from the weep hole but I do see it from the Lower rad hose. I went to Napa this weekend and got a replacement hose.
 
Last edited:
10/07- I did the rad flush(x3) because over the weekend the truck was trying to overheat after 45 mins of driving on the freeway. I used blue devil and was going to replace the lower rad hose but found out the only reason it was spitting out so much coolant was because it wasn't on correctly. I thought for sure I burned my hand/arm when getting it off but it was a good lesson to learn; Let it Cool completely! 😆

After that my cuz took off the thermostat just to check if it was good to go and it was defective. Went and got that replaced, filled with coolant on an incline, fired it up and drove home. Before all this it ran cooler so like barley reaching the middle range but last night and today it's been climbing to the middle faster than usual. The cardboard underneath was dry, no leaking from last night or this morning.

Friday I plan to replace the ball joints.

Oh! And found out more likely than not it has 244,016 miles on it not what i had hoped to be 144,016. It is what it is but hard not to loose a bit of faith.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Latest posts

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top