5.0 swap tranny/comp question


Featured Build Threads

dsteel82

10+ Year Member

Joined
Nov 5, 2012
Messages
7
Points
1,501
Vehicle Year
1994
Transmission
Manual
I want to put a 5.0 into my ranger but I'm not sure about the computer. I want to keep it a manual. I'm going to try to find a t5 but what vehicle should I use the computer and harness from? I want to put the explorer 5.0 into it. Also, what parts should I plan on buying for the swap? My truck is a 1994 ranger xl regular cab 2wd manual with a 4" suspension lift and the explorer 8.8 axle already on. Any help is really appreciated.
 
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I would refer you to the search function before moving forward. Your questions are fairly general and have been covered extensively. Look around, read some stuff, and get some pin-point questions.

Mustang is the best for a T5 trans. I would get the computer from the car you take the trans from myself.
 
Anyone that knows their way around a good tuner can mod the PCM. BTW, don't dismiss the M5OD-R2 from the 6-cyl F-Series trucks.

Thed
 
Has anyone ever put a tko into a ranger? With the 5.0
 
Yeah but it isn't the cheapest route... if you want t good TKO then you just might as well go find a used T56.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top