that's because they keep finding bigger wallets to plunder427 sounds awesome but it seems like they never stop trying for more displacement
that's because they keep finding bigger wallets to plunder427 sounds awesome but it seems like they never stop trying for more displacement
Family friend had a 280zx they were dumping because they blew up the trans and couldn't find anyone to fix it. I said "sold" sight unseen because in the USA, all those cars were loaded, power everything, AC, cruise, irritating talking computer etc. Little did I know the Canadians got an austerity spec base model, power nothing, crank windows, even no power steering, skinnier tires, and no AC because obviously it doesn't get hot in Canada.Tell me a little bit more about the Datsun ?
cheby made a 500 out of a 454Reminds me of the Honda "Base 50" engine. They make them on assembly lines up to 150cc now. I'm sure some garage machinist has gone farther.
like how does that nissan v6 make 450hp!?Has anyone noticed all the car shows turn their noses up at 300hp now like it's pathetic and useless? I remember the days when Corvettes had 180hp. Not saying that was a golden era, but geez, let's not be greedy.![]()
All this stuff, turbos, VTEC, VVT and other tech. It's really impressive for making power. But for my money it's also inevitably hard on the gear. When I was a kid, 1hp/cube was sort of the magic respectable number. In my Ranger, a 302 that made 300hp would be phenomenal, and I think you could get there without much witchcraft.like how does that nissan v6 make 450hp!?
Has anyone noticed all the car shows turn their noses up at 300hp now like it's pathetic and useless? I remember the days when Corvettes had 180hp. Not saying that was a golden era, but geez, let's not be greedy.![]()
excuse me for being a idiot but what does this mean like trying to stand out and be flashy like a peacock or whatCarshows are full of peacocks...
excuse me for being a idiot but what does this mean like trying to stand out and be flashy like a peacock or what
will when we start building the motor right now ripping the old one out and planning what to do nextWhichever way you go though, best of luck, keep it fun, post pictures![]()
Ferrari did.All this stuff, turbos, VTEC, VVT and other tech. It's really impressive for making power. But for my money it's also inevitably hard on the gear. When I was a kid, 1hp/cube was sort of the magic respectable number. In my Ranger, a 302 that made 300hp would be phenomenal, and I think you could get there without much witchcraft.
Materials and lubricants have limits... I'm just saying "won't someone please think of the lubricants?"
Edit : oh and these comments aren't directed at you or your projects or goals. Sincerely. Just because I'm timid and cheap doesn't mean I don't love it when someone builds a 600hp small block.![]()
nah i put in the used diesel oil from my work truck into my 10,000$ stroker v8 engineFerrari did.