2 - 3 second delay before engine cranks


Featured Build Threads

StarD3

5+ Year Member

Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
1
Points
501
City
Tampa, FL
Vehicle Year
1994
Transmission
Manual
Hi!

Hoping someone knows about this:

I have a '94 4 cyl, manual Ranger - After turning the key to start it, it clicks as if it won't start then the engine starts perfectly. But there's a 2-3 second delay. I replaced the ignition switch today and it is still doing it. I can also start it by bridging the solenoid terminals (which I made sure were free of any corrosion) with a screwdriver with no problem but it still has that 2 or 3 second delay as if it's not going to start then just cranks up with no problem. The battery is fairly new and the posts are clean. The starter appears to be fine as well. Maybe it's a starter relay (if there is such a thing)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top