• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ranger, 2wd, manual

Sam Yerardi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I had posted earlier about restoring my Ranger so I thought I'd start with fixing the most recent problems. I need to change the shocks, and I am having a stalling problem on startup. Periodically, right after startup, I'll drive maybe 500 ft to a stop sign and all is well. I continue on for about 1/4 mile and when I come to a stop the engine stalls. Almost every time. It seems to quiker I stop the more likely it is to stall. If I approach the stop slowly and carefully I can usually prevent it from stalling. I start it back up and don't seem to have a problem after that. Runs very smooth at all speeds, accelarating, decellerating, etc. I noticed it never seemed to do it much during the colder weather, but I thought once the temps came up outside it would show back up and it did. Any ideas? I thought about the fuel injectors and/or system.

Thanks in advance!

sgt snafu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1972 Rat Rod/ '
Make / Model
1996 Ranger, 2.
Transmission
Manual
Try turning up the idle screw. I bet the cable just stretched.

Sam Yerardi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks sgt!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals