• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiper control module missing?

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not really familiar what the wiper control module looks like for my 89' broncoII, but I think it may be missing. First of all I am troubleshooting a No wiper condition. I tested the wiper relay for continuity and its good. I haven't checked voltage at the motor yet because I haven't the schematic yet. I have read a couple threads on the wiper control module and thought hmmm let me check mine. I found a grey connector about where it sounds like it should be. Would this cause the wipers not to work at all, or just not at the lower speeds?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
If the WCM is missing you will have no wipers at all. It should be a long flat plug (I think) near the driver's foot well, but I don't remember the exact location.

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yes there is a grey connector approximately 2" long and 3/4" wide under the dash in the foot well area. Is the junkyard the only place to get one? I'm not sure what the original looked like so I don't want to even try eBay or the like. It was missing when I bought the vehicle.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Try Rock auto or LMC truck, they even show you the part so you know if it's the right one.

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Tried those guys. They don't seem to have it. I also tried a few Salvage yards up here and nobody has it. I'm wondering if I can jumper the connector and at least get some wiper action. I need to pass inspection. I don't care even only if I have just one speed.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Can you take a picture of the socket that's missing the relay? There's 3 different kinds in the LMC catalog but there not specific to location. If it's just a 5 pin relay find one at an auto parts store and see if it works. I looked in my truck and there's no relays located in that area that I see.

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Can you take a picture of the socket that's missing the relay? There's 3 different kinds in the LMC catalog but there not specific to location. If it's just a 5 pin relay find one at an auto parts store and see if it works. I looked in my truck and there's no relays located in that area that I see.
Yes, it's been on my to do list, but been busy. Got some time today though.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yeah, I don't see anything like that in any catalog. Are you sure that doesn't plug into something under the dash already? Call the dealer ship and ask them what the part part number is and if it's a ford part only? Or junkyard action at the least.

NEALD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yea I think I have to call Ford. I tried all the Salvage yards around here, and nobody has it. Not even any BroncoII or rangers in the yards.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals