• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Why is nobody open to new things.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Why are you guys still arguing about this? Do any of you actually think you will be able to change the opinion of others? Since when is it a crime to like Pc or Mac? I own both and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. If you like Pc then great, if you like Mac then great, whatever floats your boat. Let's not make enemies over what OS you like.
its not about changing anybody, i just find it hilarious to see people squirm when you disagree with their opinion. Its all good fun, were all friends at the end of the day, but some get far to serious though. the point of the conversation is why more people dont venture into the new mac based computers. no reason to go all therapist on us dr phil.

both systems are nice, i dont mind microsoft, but for the money, they could do a lot of obvious things better. and yes, mac has its weakness when it comes to gaming and customizeabiliy, but hearing opinnions is the point of the thread. thats why the name of it is a question.

Last edited:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
cute.

i do have a question on which video card you guys prefer. Im debating between a couple. looking at 1gb, built in cooling. ya know the wrap. Opinnions?

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Sorry, I buy laptops.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
pain in the ass mainly. they change nothing, and i can go weeks without hitting my update button. the fact microsoft sends them out so often, menas they clearly arent testing their product enough before release. vista is a very very good example.
You've just proven how little you know about computers.
Sorry Toph. 06 is right. I like Windows, it does what I want in ways that MAC OS won't support, but Microsuck is notorious for rushing products to market too quickly and not running them through all the proper testing first.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
im open to laptop graphics. thats actually a really good question, which would you think is best for rendering?

notice the prices I pay and that I consider them disposable........ got no idea what graphics they even use ...... prolly shared video...

if you want to render something I would be using networked I7s.......

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im open to laptop graphics. thats actually a really good question, which would you think is best for rendering?
That kind of depends. Engineers prefer PC's, graphic designers prefer Macs.

All the engineering places I have worked at (four) used PC's to run Autocad and/or Inventor.

Last edited:

RangerRyan

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0l,2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I see that a lot of people who only use one hate the other and that the people who use both say that they're not all that bad. They both have their weaknesses and strengths. I will say this though. I do love the prices of pcs. I built mine for cheap. Bought a case, and power supply and my brother gave me his old computer parts(which were top of the line 3 years ago you gotta love brothers that are majoring in computer science that are never happy with what they got) that he built. Now my computer is running like a champ.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I built mine for cheap. Bought a case, and power supply and my brother gave me his old computer parts(which were top of the line 3 years ago you gotta love brothers that are majoring in computer science that are never happy with what they got) that he built. Now my computer is running like a champ.
Damn I didn't know I had a little brother. LOL. Your older brother sounds like me, I just did the same for my parents. My parts were probably top of the line 3.5-4 years ago. Still working fine but I've been wanting to upgrade for about 2 years. I was holding onto the money too tight though and wouldn't spend on anything but upgrades here and there when stuff was on sale. Finally let go and built a decent mid range system, and put my old parts in a case for my parents. Ironically I'm in tech school right now working on an IT Professional Associates degree, when I finish this next year I'll probably be transferring to a local college to work on a BS in computer science.

red_rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 Lima
Transmission
Manual
Best of both worlds. Triple boot my desktop and eeepc with Winders for games and only games, and Snow Leopard and Slackware for everything else. No need to pay Apple extra for the hardware just to have the right to use their OS (which I'm a fan).

But to M$'s credit, most people with screwed up Winders boxes have probably clicked things they shouldn't be, with about 2x as much processes running as their should be.

Last edited:

jcd302

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Why are you guys still arguing about this? Do any of you actually think you will be able to change the opinion of others? Since when is it a crime to like Pc or Mac? I own both and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. If you like Pc then great, if you like Mac then great, whatever floats your boat. Let's not make enemies over what OS you like.
Your BOTH wrong! Paper & pencil!! NO UPDATES!!

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Thats not true........ You occasionally have to sharpen your pencil...... Thats an update

jcd302

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
LOL. Rep for that!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals