• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

whining coming from passenger side front

funkingonutz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1995 Ranger XLT, with the dreaded electronic hubs, and i think one is screwed up. The passenger side always whines all the time like an electric motor, I can really hear it when im in neutral, also sometimes when i put it in 4wd, go wheelin', and then get done wheelin' come to a complete stop and get back into 2wd and go, the passenger side is like "half-still-engaged" and it sounds horrible, like a kid playing with a noisemaker.Then i pull over come to a complete stop and put it in 4wd, take it out of 4wd and take off...then it goes away,but still whines quietly. What is going on?? Is the hub going? It was JUST replaced in July. I dont get it??
I talked to my friends dad (who knows Fords like he bleeds "ford blue") and he said it could be the hub OR the wheel bearing? What do you guys think it is??

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Huh? There are no electronic hubs. There are POS "pulsed vacuum" hubs, but not for your year. Then there are manual and automatic hubs. Nothing electronic about any of those.

A blown automatic hub usually makes a ratcheting noise in 4WD. Manual hubs have a bearing that turns only when in 2WD. If the noise is just a whine and it's present all the time while moving, I think you have a hosed wheel bearing -- or more likely, worn front brakes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals