• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

where too? in NH

slimchriz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey im in southern NH looking for a good place to go off roading any 1 know where to go?

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
I know of some fanastic places to go but you need to be part of a club to get in.

What do you have for a truck? (lift, lockers, tires, ect....)

slimchriz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
right now I'm rocking a fairly stock 2002 ranger 4.0 4x4
about 2" of suspension lift (Torsion bar tweak/adda leafs)
stock 245 75 16s.
Ill be getting new tires probly 32s but not till I sell my last project (Audi a4) which is finally complete after 8 years of ownership lol. putting it on craigslist today...or tomorrow or maybe after my procrastinators anonymous meeting.

what clubs?

apmurphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm in Mass but would also like to find some places to wheel here or in NH, also have a pretty stock suspension.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
Check out class 6 roads. NH has tons of them. They are unmaintained roads that make great wheeling for stock trucks.

Also look here for some info on clubs to join.

http://forum.neow.net/

BTW, some clubs are exclusive to jeeps, or yotas. I know of a few jeep only clubs and a few clubs that are open to everyone but they are a jeep club by name. North east toyota crawlers for example is a yota club but their president wheels a Samari.

The best way to go wheeling is to join a club. Clubs try to do it right. Legally, and cleanly. They also allow you to meet other people that are into the same thing.

The people that i know and myself included are typically cautious about just telling random people about places to wheel. It has happened many times where a great place that has been treated well by the people that were useing it was found out by the wrong people, those that just go and rip it up and make a mess, are loud and obnoxious. So now we need to get to know the people that we are taking to different trails and what not to try to weed out the bad seed so that we dont all loose out.

slimchriz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yah I hear yah man... unfortunatly thats why I cant get anyone to tell me where to go. I used to go wheeling years ago with my K5. me and my buddys used to know a bunch of spots to go in MA I went back and its now posted no trespassing.. while I was reading the sign one of the land owners came down to inquire. He said it was closed years ago kids were partying back there and ripping up the trails after a few drunken rolls and injuries the land owners decided to close it.
I went to another place and it had giant rocks at the entrace...there to far from me now anyways.

For now im not gonna get into anything that serious untill I get new shoes and replace my crappy shocks

BTW thanks for the link very helpful!

Last edited:

slimchriz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I found a road right up the street from me thanks to google earth.

Do towns keep maps of there class 6 roads and are they available?

also roads that run under power lines are those usually public or are they owned by utilities?

MAranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
245c.i.
Transmission
Manual
From what I've learned/understand, the access roads on the lines are owned by the power companies. I don't think their very legal to ride, I do wheel/dirtbike on them pretty frequently. I can see how the companies wouldn't like you rutting out the roads and such. I'd worry more about the cops catching you going in or coming out. They'll probably make a big stink about it, trespassing with a motor vehicle and such. Be respectful wherever you go, off roaders have ALOT more enemies than friends.

Theres a pit in salisbury MA I go to sometimes. Maybe this spring I can show it to you.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals