• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where does one get a new door jamb sticker?

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
It isn't, not really, all except I'm detail oriented, maybe even obsessed, hell bent on full restoration. So is one of my friends who mistakenly thought that sticker is more important than it is.
Don't apologize for wanting to do a good job. The word is meticulous, there's no such thing as OCD, that's what the slobs call it.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I took mine off because I have a damaged drivers door and I also have a replacement door that I thought I would change out at some time. 5 years later and Ive yet to do that. Thought about printing a new one anyways just so the axle code would be correct, chances are I wont do that either.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Don't apologize for wanting to do a good job. The word is meticulous, there's no such thing as OCD, that's what the slobs call it.
Thanks, Walt. You are right. Those details add up to make an old truck look new again. Besides, it's fun.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Woah now, I'll have to respectfully disagree there. They both exist, but they are often mislabeled. Meticulous accused of being OCD, and OCD being passed off as meticulous. I guess it depends on which side of the spectrum you're on and whether you are willing to admit it.

There are times I'm very meticulous. there are times I'm a bit OCD, but most of the times I'm just a slob.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Oh this thread. . . . . . . .

I know a couple people who actually are diagnosed with OCD and it involves things like shutting their car door repeatedly or turning a light switch on and off a specific number of times. It has NOTHING to do with being meticulous, hence the "obsessive-compulsive" part. They feel an overwhelming desire to do something repeatedly even if there is no real need to.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Woah now, I'll have to respectfully disagree there. They both exist, but they are often mislabeled. Meticulous accused of being OCD, and OCD being passed off as meticulous. I guess it depends on which side of the spectrum you're on and whether you are willing to admit it.

There are times I'm very meticulous. there are times I'm a bit OCD, but most of the times I'm just a slob.
I gotta go now and wash my truck. It's been a week: rub it down with a clay bar and buff it, maybe put down two coats of wax. Time's a wasting!

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I gotta go now and wash my truck. It's been a week: rub it down with a clay bar and buff it, maybe put down two coats of wax. Time's a wasting!
LOL at this point if I clayed my truck there might not be any paint left. I think it's been washed once in the last three years, and that wasn't even good enough to get rid of all the caked on pollen and tree sap. The only wax its ever gotten is what ever is in the wash and wax car wash I used at the time. While polishing out my headlights the other day I took a little of the left over polishing compound from the kit and hit a corner of the hood and the contaminants just laughed at it. Even if i would polish there is no saving the paint, its chipped and corrosion on the aluminum is getting under the paint causing it to turn loose.

Someday I'll get the mechanicals to where I want and start focusing on the body, at that time it'll probably go in for a full factory color respray.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
LOL at this point if I clayed my truck there might not be any paint left. I think it's been washed once in the last three years, and that wasn't even good enough to get rid of all the caked on pollen and tree sap. The only wax its ever gotten is what ever is in the wash and wax car wash I used at the time. While polishing out my headlights the other day I took a little of the left over polishing compound from the kit and hit a corner of the hood and the contaminants just laughed at it. Even if i would polish there is no saving the paint, its chipped and corrosion on the aluminum is getting under the paint causing it to turn loose.

Someday I'll get the mechanicals to where I want and start focusing on the body, at that time it'll probably go in for a full factory color respray.
I know what you mean. My first was a "rusty but trusty." I drove it for twenty five years. The clear coat was gone. The paint was wearing off too. I finally broke down and sprayed it with about a dozen rattle-cans of primer. People laughed. I would shrug my shoulders and say, "It's paid for."

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Oh this thread. . . . . . . .

I know a couple people who actually are diagnosed with OCD and it involves things like shutting their car door repeatedly or turning a light switch on and off a specific number of times. It has NOTHING to do with being meticulous, hence the "obsessive-compulsive" part. They feel an overwhelming desire to do something repeatedly even if there is no real need to.
I've been accused of being OCD because I'm particular- my tools are clean and put back where they belong, for example. The guy who said it has to paw through his drawers to find things and I reach in and grab what I want.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Ford Dealer if you're lucky to get a parts guy that knows whats he's doing. There are other places to have reproductions made but they require a photo of the original.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
imho, it is OPINION only, nothing wrong with being obsessive about having a nice looking truck, especially if you are restoring it, so, it looks brand new. If I was buying a truck and saw someone went to that much detail, replacing the door sticker, I would not worry about buying it and having the brand new brakes fail on the way home.

My trucks are dirty, rusty, and muddy inside a lot of times, but, not slobby. I could not stand getting into a customer's car and see food wrappers and fries all over the place, cigarette ashes so thick you have trouble seeing the odometer, or film so thick on the windshield you have to clean it to drive it into the shop from the sun glare.

It is like people spending $3000+ for a paint job and then they put the same beat up windshield aluminum mouldings back on and think it looks nice.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
imho, it is OPINION only, nothing wrong with being obsessive about having a nice looking truck, especially if you are restoring it, so, it looks brand new. If I was buying a truck and saw someone went to that much detail, replacing the door sticker, I would not worry about buying it and having the brand new brakes fail on the way home.

My trucks are dirty, rusty, and muddy inside a lot of times, but, not slobby. I could not stand getting into a customer's car and see food wrappers and fries all over the place, cigarette ashes so thick you have trouble seeing the odometer, or film so thick on the windshield you have to clean it to drive it into the shop from the sun glare.

It is like people spending $3000+ for a paint job and then they put the same beat up windshield aluminum mouldings back on and think it looks nice.
Well said! I drove a rusty-but-trusty for a couple decades and seldom washed it, but I did keep the interior neat. I frequently see old beaters in the U Pull yard. Many of them smell bad, have stains on the seats and food wrappers on the floor. I remember searching for a clean headliner. Believe it or not, the fast majority were bad: questionable stains, burn holes from cigarettes, rips, scuff marks from feet, etc.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals