• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

when i get another vechicle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84/89
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.8lt v6 2.5lt four bangr
Transmission
Automatic
I am planing hopefully soon to tare into my 2.8 on my ranger an redo acouple things to make it run better, Ive got to pull the motor an redo my oil pan gasket,replace u-joints on driveshaft.Ive got to figure out why the pins that hold my front brake calibers on to why the keep coming out.I also think i have a wheel cycliender leaking brake fluid. I have to rebuild my carb an then justed do a real good cleaning up of my engine bay it is still caked with mudd. I might figure afue things out to do with my frame so i can go mudding an an it not be a pain in the ass to wash an get off.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I am planing hopefully soon to tare into my 2.8 on my ranger an redo acouple things to make it run better, Ive got to pull the motor an redo my oil pan gasket,replace u-joints on driveshaft.Ive got to figure out why the pins that hold my front brake calibers on to why the keep coming out.I also think i have a wheel cycliender leaking brake fluid. I have to rebuild my carb an then justed do a real good cleaning up of my engine bay it is still caked with mudd. I might figure afue things out to do with my frame so i can go mudding an an it not be a pain in the ass to wash an get off.
I wouldnt wait until I got another car before figuring this one out. I'd look into that ASAP.

AND, for the love of god, its AND not AN! There is a "D" at the end of that word. Lets start small, please try to use the work "and".

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
You probably just need to replace the split pins that hold them on.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
You probably just need to replace the split pins that hold them on.
Yeah, the rubber usually breaks down, causing them to not hold as tight. Or someone bent the ends when they removed them so the little "locks" dont catch on the caliper.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
And they are relatively inexpensive. It would probably be less than 10 dollars for both sides. Just ask for the brake hardware kit at Autozone. It comes with pins and rattle clips.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
You are still driving your vehicle like this? Dude...stay in school

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
He who throws stones.........Think you meant word.
Dave of the Nord
Haaaa...thanks, 'Macwisdom'.....lol

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya know I think we are teaching him something, your grammar is way better than the last thread I saw by you. Keep improving and you might make something of yourself...

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am planing hopefully soon to tare into my 2.8 on my ranger an redo acouple things to make it run better, Ive got to pull the motor an redo my oil pan gasket, replace u-joints on driveshaft. Ive got to figure out why the pins that hold my front brake calibers on why the keep coming out. I also think i have a wheel cycliender leaking brake fluid. I have to rebuild my carb an then justed do a real good cleaning up of my engine bay it is still caked with mudd. I might figure afue things out to do with my frame so i can go mudding an an it not be a pain in the ass to wash an get off.
planning
tear
in (not on)
and
a couple (two words)
I've
and
I've
calipers
they (not "the")
cylinder
and
just (no such word as "justed"....)
mud
a few (two words)
and (once is enough)
and

Oh...and it's "vehicle", not "vechicle".

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
And I was called names for correcting uneducated rednecks on here. lol

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
And frankly, if you need a new vehicle before you can fix one, you shouldn't be allowed to own any vehicles at all.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Some of the new people from out of the US start out by apologizing for their poor English when it's sometimes 95% better than some of ours. I've always had problems with words ending in either 'el or le". Angle comes out angel, nickle comes out nickel - not good working in engineering and spell doesn't help at all in them cases.
Dave

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Some of the new people from out of the US start out by apologizing for their poor English when it's sometimes 95% better than some of ours. I've always had problems with words ending in either 'el or le". Angle comes out angel, nickle comes out nickel - not good working in engineering and spell doesn't help at all in them cases.
Dave
Tell you what, thanks for bringing that up...this is a true story, guys. My dad being an AF pilot I lived right at 10 years growing up in Germany, Brazil, the Belgian Congo and Kenya. I speak several languages fluently. I spoke Lingala (the Congolese language), French and Sawalha in Africa. I had a friend who was from Belgium. His name was Dino Cassa (I may have spelled his last name wrong). Because I spoke French (like Belgian) I was able to teach Dino English. He really could speak English very well. My parents were really amazed by it as well. I will never forget the time he went back to Belgium for a few months and out of the blue I got a letter from him. It was all in English. I had tears in my eyes when I read that letter from him. This was his first ever letter in English he ever wrote he told me in the letter!! He was thanking me in almost every sentence. How he was going to go to an American college at the end of the school year. How how would be back in a few weeks to visit me. We wrote letters for a few years after that. We moved to America (Tampa) in late 1969. I went to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia in 72-74 and Dino and I lost connections. So I never found out how he was after that. I will always remember my friend.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals