• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wheelin Meet This Winter

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
thanks for all the suggestions, i had the battery and alt. tested.. both fine. the terminals were really coroded and that was what it ended up being. i was out in the snow without proper clothing so i was a little panicked and didnt think of that until later...

the weather is supposed to be real bad tomorrow, especially for the drive home. i really really want to go but its not worth the risk when the national weather station is sayin accumualtion 8 to 15 inches in the northwest oregon to southwest washington. i really dont want to drive in freezing rain which is supposed to be on top of the how ever many inches of snow... i been lookin forward to this for a long time but i'm not that good of a driver to be ready to drive on the highway with a bunch of tards in the freezing rain.

Last edited:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
I wouldn't bring the Ram... Most of the trails are wide enough, but I know one spot on South Loop I've bumped the drip rail above the extended cab window on mine, and it would probably be worse on a full size.

I agree about leaving early... It looks like most of the shit is gonna roll in around 4 or so and it'd be nice to be home before then. We will be there though..

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
thanks for all the suggestions, i had the battery and alt. tested.. both fine. the terminals were really coroded and that was what it ended up being. i was out in the snow without proper clothing so i was a little panicked and didnt think of that until later...

the weather is supposed to be real bad tomorrow, especially for the drive home. i really really want to go but its not worth the risk when the national weather station is sayin accumualtion 8 to 15 inches in the northwest oregon to southwest washington. i really dont want to drive in freezing rain which is supposed to be on top of the how ever many inches of snow... i been lookin forward to this for a long time but i'm not that good of a driver to be ready to drive on the highway with a bunch of tards in the freezing rain.
Ah, to bad ya can't make it. Maybe we need to make another run to Tahuya, or Elbe agian in the late winter/ early spring!

EDIT: Sunk posted before me...

I think I am thinking of the same spot as you, and I got the cab under the ext cab window.

It is kind of a sharp right hand turn, with a stump on the left (which your tire pretty much has to go on), and a tree on the right (what does the damage)?

Last edited:

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
yeah i will definitely be up for another run with you guys. hope you have fun and take lots of pictures...

stupid weather.

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
If it's just that one spot, I'm sure we can get him through it, and like ben said earlier, it's not like the ram is anywhere near straight to begin with. If he can drive it up the 311 at evans, I'm sure tahuya won't total it out.

As far as the weather goes, I figure worst case is I park the towrig and drive the LJ home. It's got a decent heater:D

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If it's just that one spot, I'm sure we can get him through it, and like ben said earlier, it's not like the ram is anywhere near straight to begin with. If he can drive it up the 311 at evans, I'm sure tahuya won't total it out.

As far as the weather goes, I figure worst case is I park the towrig and drive the LJ home. It's got a decent heater:D
Yeah, your rear mounted radiator with the fan reversed, haha. I thought it was pretty funny when we stopped so you could do that at Evans!

For those of you that may doubt he successfully took it up the 311 at Evans Creek:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=242757362&albumID=1251318&imageID=15129823
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=242757362&albumID=1251318&imageID=15129829
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=242757362&albumID=1251318&imageID=15129831

Some guy even gave him a beer for trying it, haha. He's only 18 and doesn't even drink... And just think, this was all becuase him and his girlfriend were to too cold in his Scout, so the took the Ram...

Last edited:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Ah, to bad ya can't make it. Maybe we need to make another run to Tahuya, or Elbe agian in the late winter/ early spring!

EDIT: Sunk posted before me...

I think I am thinking of the same spot as you, and I got the cab under the ext cab window.

It is kind of a sharp right hand turn, with a stump on the left (which your tire pretty much has to go on), and a tree on the right (what does the damage)?
It's the tree on the passenger that gets ya... My buddy got his 94 on that tree right below the window too. It just kinda scratched the paint and left some sap on it, with a tiny dent.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yep, same spot. I bet it could be avoided though without an ext cab, or enough button hooking. I don't think JFA_ did anything there last time.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
See you guys tomorrow, I'm off to bed...

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, I'm out. My one friend who I was gonna ride with decided he didn't really feel like it, and my friend with the 4Runner didn't want to drive if nobody else was. So I'll be looking forward to hearing about it.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm headed out right now, be there in a bit.

thepretzelman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So on my way out the door this morning my dad stopped me and told me I couldn't go because he thinks the trails are going to be icy and he doesn't want me to wreck my DD. I am very disappointed I was looking forward to this, maybe it is a good idea because if I did wreck something I have no money to fix it. Anyway let me know how it was.

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
i woke up to 3" of new snow and it is still coming down... hope you guys make it alright, looks like the storm hit a little sooner than anticipated.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It was prett good day. Had a couple of rig issues ( Derrick broke a berfield (sp?) on his LJ, and John had some battery/ connection issues.

I'll have pics up in the show off section here in a little while, just got to get settle first (just waked in the door). It took me and my dad an hour and a half to get there, and 3 to get back becuase of all the snow/ people...

Stumpy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I started a new thread in "show off your truck" for pics of our run today.

How about we all post to that thread to make it easier to find our pictures/video.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals