• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What was your 1st car?

JoeDaddy21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
205/70r14
That would be cool but nobody does that here in Idaho, the plate number is way too old for them to lookup. I don't have anything in the way of newer photos with an Idaho license plate, and since the vehicle was sold in 2003 all of my documents on the truck are long gone....I keep searching and hoping to find some random scrap of paper somewhere with the VIN which is what I need to even being to track it down, but I'm certain by now the truck has long been crushed, and if it does exist is most likely been trashed :(.
I know I’m a little late to the party here, but I work at an Auto Parts Store here in VA. If you take the plate number to them, they can plug that into their computer to pull up the VIN. That’s how we figure out what engine are in cars when people don’t know. It cross references the plate to the VIN on file to pull year, engine, etc. I’ve done it a couple times out of curiosity when I see an old truck on the road. I don’t know if that plate is too old or what, but it’s worth a shot.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I know I’m a little late to the party here, but I work at an Auto Parts Store here in VA. If you take the plate number to them, they can plug that into their computer to pull up the VIN. That’s how we figure out what engine are in cars when people don’t know. It cross references the plate to the VIN on file to pull year, engine, etc. I’ve done it a couple times out of curiosity when I see an old truck on the road. I don’t know if that plate is too old or what, but it’s worth a shot.
Not helpful at all when the vehicle has been gone for 10+ years.

Here in Idaho when you sell a vehicle you take the license plates off of it. I have no idea what the plate number was because it got transferred to a different vehicle which is also long gone, and every 5 years you get new license plates so the plate numbers are 100% useless here unless it was an extremely recent, within the last couple years type sell the plate number don't mean anything, hell the plate number for my Ranger is probably on someone else's new car by now.
I guess 1 nice thing in California the license plates went with the vehicle.

JoeDaddy21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
205/70r14
Not helpful at all when the vehicle has been gone for 10+ years.

Here in Idaho when you sell a vehicle you take the license plates off of it. I have no idea what the plate number was because it got transferred to a different vehicle which is also long gone, and every 5 years you get new license plates so the plate numbers are 100% useless here unless it was an extremely recent, within the last couple years type sell the plate number don't mean anything, hell the plate number for my Ranger is probably on someone else's new car by now.
I guess 1 nice thing in California the license plates went with the vehicle.
oh, okay. See here in VA, once you get the plate it’s there unless it’s transferee it’s surrendered

JMF661

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Tire Size
31” x 10.5”
I was 15 years old, It was a white 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9L 2wd super cab, the ladies loved it! Lol. It was beautiful truck that ran great until I was rear ended. Bought a 97 ford ranger to replace it.

b1pig

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
First car: 1976 MGB... three shades of "orange"... and primer.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals