What Sway Bar Links are compatible with Bronco II 6in lift

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking for Sway Bar Links that are compatible with a 1990 Ford Bronco II with a 6in. Lift any suggestions?

Thank you

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 4FF3E9EEA14805 Expires: October 1st, 2020

gaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
DB:

In the late 80's the front sway bar was behind the axle, that's how it was on both my trucks. After identifying a Ford factory Hi Ryder 2" suspension lift in the junkyard on an 89 XLT, I switched over to the BEEFIE in front of axel stock bar available with that lift for my 87 Ranger.

I later found a complete 4" Superlift on another Ranger in the yard. It was also using the same BEEFIE Ford unit. I have yet to need more in the front on the BII.

For my Ranger's rear, I sourced an aftermarket bar through JC Whitney. It was listed as unbranded but I leaned the company was a very respectable, well know suspension company. I have been happy with it's use since 89.

On the 87 BroncoII I decided to be as stable as possible in the rear, chosing the James Duff rear track bars with dual shocks. That "top heavy" BII rides solid, no noticable lean whatsoever!

Last edited:

snoranger

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'17
Make / Model
All Fords
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
DB:

In the late 80's the front sway bar was behind the axle, that's how it was on both my trucks. After identifying a Ford factory Hi Ryder 2" suspension lift in the junkyard on an 89 XLT, I switched over to the BEEFIE in front of axel stock bar available with that lift for my 87 Ranger.
IIRC, It’s 1-3/16” diameter.

gaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
IIRC, It’s 1-3/16” diameter.
SNOW:

Yes, that sounds about right, it's much thicker than the stock was and felt better in front of the axle.