• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I also make no promises that any response will not be entirely satirical and sarcastic at this point.
I'm pretty certain that goes for both sides of this little conversation. I can almost guarantee that Rick's was, and I was really surprised by your straight response.

To stay on topic, today I stopped by the pick-n-pull. Was after a 2wd w/ fog light radio bezel. Found one. Not as nice as I hoped, but $16 there sure beats $70 on eBay. I'll have to see if I can clean off the messt soft touch coating and get a nice finish on it. Be nice if there were a way to recreate that soft touch. Maybe plastidip spray?

While I was there I spoted a few other bits I'm going to try to go back for some weekend.

First was a pair of Mazda fenders, but didn't have the right tools or enough time to get them. I kind of want to put a STX style bed on my Ranger and it would be nice to have the fenders too, but Imight need to do some meetal work to keep my Ranger grill and lights fitting right. Guess I might be learning to weld sheetmetal in my future.

Second was a set of double visors for the Explorers. I never knew/noticed that some Explorers had this set up. Theu have the main sunvisor like the Rangers have, but then a second smaller visor over it that can swing down when the main is flipped to the side. I've been in something else that had the setup and it was handy for when the sun is in just the wrong spot. I'll double check my V8 donor, and if it doesn't have them I'll be going back for a set.

Third was a set of door seals for the F-100. The seals for my 68 are glue on, the ones for the 80s & 90s are press on. I've heard the later ones fir and want to try, but don't want to spend the money on new ones and not fit. Figure I can get a set to test fit for cheap and maybe get a few years out of them until the truck is ready for paint and body. They had a few candidates, but ran out of time to pull a set without damaging them.

Also I need to do some research on LTD wheels. I know that they have the same lug pattern as the Ranger, but I don't know what stock wheel size is. There was an 80s LTD Crown Vic Wagon in there that has a set of factory turbine wheels (with caps, no tires) on it that appeared to be in good shape. I've always like the turbine wheels, but never see a set of the available in decent shape around here. I may get them to run on the 85 until it's time for the big brake move, or to use for trailers. I'd hate to see them go to the crusher, at around $200 for the set, I'm going to have to do some more thinking on it. These wheels, in as good or better shape.

Last edited:

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Ok, ok.

I don’t understand why you’d get an adapter from a 20# to a 1#. Won’t the 1# just run out 20 times as fast? Wouldn’t it be better to just use the 20#?

And please don’t misunderstand my confusion and asking a few simple questions as “grilling.” I didn’t realize you were getting grilled at home and by your family and your friends. If the subject is too sensitive, I apologize.

I do understand the milk crates and the expiration dates. When I was a kid, we had milk delivered from the dairy. I think they even put dates on the milk containers today from the store. You definitely don’t want to try the ones that are past the date.

I definitely don’t understand how propane is used in making beer. They say you can absorb knowledge just by being exposed to certain things. If that was really true, I would be the global expert on beer, but I haven’t really seen how it’s been made other than in a brewery.

Your milk crates must be huge to hold that many 20# cans.

No need to respond, I will need to reflect on all of this a little bit more. I’ll refine my questions, so I’m not wasting your time.

EDIT: I have never been sarcastic or satirical, and I never will be.

Last edited:

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
I'm pretty certain that goes for both sides of this little conversation. I can almost guarantee that Rick's was, and I was really surprised by your straight response.

To stay on topic, today I stopped by the pick-n-pull. Was after a 2wd w/ fog light radio bezel. Found one. Not as nice as I hoped, but $16 there sure beats $70 on eBay. I'll have to see if I can clean off the messt soft touch coating and get a nice finish on it. Be nice if there were a way to recreate that soft touch. Maybe plastidip spray?

While I was there I spoted a few other bits I'm going to try to go back for some weekend.

First was a pair of Mazda fenders, but didn't have the right tools or enough time to get them. I kind of want to put a STX style bed on my Ranger and it would be nice to have the fenders too, but Imight need to do some meetal work to keep my Ranger grill and lights fitting right. Guess I might be learning to weld sheetmetal in my future.

Second was a set of double visors for the Explorers. I never knew/noticed that some Explorers had this set up. Theu have the main sunvisor like the Rangers have, but then a second smaller visor over it that can swing down when the main is flipped to the side. I've been in something else that had the setup and it was handy for when the sun is in just the wrong spot. I'll double check my V8 donor, and if it doesn't have them I'll be going back for a set.

Third was a set of door seals for the F-100. The seals for my 68 are glue on, the ones for the 80s & 90s are press on. I've heard the later ones fir and want to try, but don't want to spend the money on new ones and not fit. Figure I can get a set to test fit for cheap and maybe get a few years out of them until the truck is ready for paint and body. They had a few candidates, but ran out of time to pull a set without damaging them.

Also I need to do some research on LTD wheels. I know that they have the same lug pattern as the Ranger, but I don't know what stock wheel size is. There was an 80s LTD Crown Vic Wagon in there that has a set of factory turbine wheels (with caps, no tires) on it that appeared to be in good shape. I've always like the turbine wheels, but never see a set of the available in decent shape around here. I may get them to run on the 85 until it's time for the big brake move, or to use for trailers. I'd hate to see them go to the crusher, at around $200 for the set, I'm going to have to do some more thinking on it. These wheels, in as good or better shape.

Those are the same wheels that are OEM on my 87 and 88 town cars. 15x6.5: wheel-size.com

IMG_1669.png

IMG_1671.png

My 87 Ranger 4WD:

IMG_1670.png

IMG_1672.png

Center bore is a hair different, no biggie, but the offset is different. I’m not sure if it puts the tire closer in or further out, but it’s definitely something you want to check.

FYI, when I got my Mark V, it has the same turbine wheels but they’re 5 x 5, not 5 x 4.5. Lincoln was supposed to team with Michelin for special wheels and tires, and Michelin backed out after Ford did the tooling. If you look at any original Mark V, the wheels look like buggy wheels that aren’t far enough out. Great car, but it looks like it was sitting on a roller skate. I got some 2 inch wide 5 x 5 to 5 x 4.5 wheel adapters (Jeep), bored them out, got a set of the Towncar turbine wheels out of the scrap yard, and I put wider tires on them (265? 255?). Car looks infinitely better, but the front tires rub on the edge just a hair at full turn if you hit a bump. I got some one and a half inch adapters and had them bored out, but I haven’t changed them yet.

Anywho, the reason I’m saying all this is I love those wheels. I picked up several more so all my spare tires are on those turbine wheels, and I have four or five of them in my tire pile that I picked up cheap just in case. I think they have 215/70/15 black walls on them. I’m 99.9% sure that I will never use them, and you can have them for $100 if you come and get them. One of my original thoughts was a trailer for the Town Cars with the matching wheels, but I know at this point that will never happen.

I still have the 5x5s from the Mark V, and I bought some 5x 4.5 to 5 x 5 adapters for the Missing Linc, but ran out of motivation to change it all out, mostly because I love the way it looks right now. I think they are a 7 inch wheel, and I want to say I have 225 highway white walls on them. If you’re interested in those, I’d probably need a little more simply because the wheel adapters were like $100. I’ve always been curious to see what they look like on my Ranger (bigger wheel & spaced further out).

My motivation is not to sell you anything and make money off you, I’ve just realized at this point that I’ll probably never use them, and I can’t just give them away.

Food for thought, I’m in no hurry.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Those are the same wheels that are OEM on my 87 and 88 town cars. 15x6.5: wheel-size.com

View attachment 109314
View attachment 109318

My 87 Ranger 4WD:

View attachment 109315
View attachment 109319

Center bore is a hair different, no biggie, but the offset is different. I’m not sure if it puts the tire closer in or further out, but it’s definitely something you want to check.

FYI, when I got my Mark V, it has the same turbine wheels but they’re 5 x 5, not 5 x 4.5. Lincoln was supposed to team with Michelin for special wheels and tires, and Michelin backed out after Ford did the tooling. If you look at any original Mark V, the wheels look like buggy wheels that aren’t far enough out. Great car, but it looks like it was sitting on a roller skate. I got some 2 inch wide 5 x 5 to 5 x 4.5 wheel adapters (Jeep), bored them out, got a set of the Towncar turbine wheels out of the scrap yard, and I put wider tires on them (265? 255?). Car looks infinitely better, but the front tires rub on the edge just a hair at full turn if you hit a bump. I got some one and a half inch adapters and had them bored out, but I haven’t changed them yet.

Anywho, the reason I’m saying all this is I love those wheels. I picked up several more so all my spare tires are on those turbine wheels, and I have four or five of them in my tire pile that I picked up cheap just in case. I think they have 215/70/15 black walls on them. I’m 99.9% sure that I will never use them, and you can have them for $100 if you come and get them. One of my original thoughts was a trailer for the Town Cars with the matching wheels, but I know at this point that will never happen.

I still have the 5x5s from the Mark V, and I bought some 5x 4.5 to 5 x 5 adapters for the Missing Linc, but ran out of motivation to change it all out, mostly because I love the way it looks right now. I think they are a 7 inch wheel, and I want to say I have 225 highway white walls on them. If you’re interested in those, I’d probably need a little more simply because the wheel adapters were like $100. I’ve always been curious to see what they look like on my Ranger (bigger wheel & spaced further out).

My motivation is not to sell you anything and make money off you, I’ve just realized at this point that I’ll probably never use them, and I can’t just give them away.

Food for thought, I’m in no hurry.
Thanks for the info, skinnier than what I was expecting, but pretty standard for a factory 15. I appreciate the offer, but I'll have to think about it. Plan is really to lower and do big brakes on that truck and I'll need 17" wheels for that. I don't know why I'm thinking about putting these 15s on it temporarily, I've already got other wheels I could use for that. I also already have all the components to lower, do the BBK, and a set of 17" Mustang wheels for it. Doesn't really make sense to spend the money on a set of turbines that I don't need and don't intend to use long term, does it?

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Thanks for the info, skinnier than what I was expecting, but pretty standard for a factory 15. I appreciate the offer, but I'll have to think about it. Plan is really to lower and do big brakes on that truck and I'll need 17" wheels for that. I don't know why I'm thinking about putting these 15s on it temporarily, I've already got other wheels I could use for that. I also already have all the components to lower, do the BBK, and a set of 17" Mustang wheels for it. Doesn't really make sense to spend the money on a set of turbines that I don't need and don't intend to use long term, does it?
No worries, you just got me thinking about what I had in the tire pile.

But a question: are you seriously talking to ME about projects that one doesn’t really need?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
No worries, you just got me thinking about what I had in the tire pile.

But a question: are you seriously talking to ME about projects that one doesn’t really need?
I don't think I said anything about unneeded projects. Come on now, I've got a '68 F-100 that's a long term restoration, the '99 Ranger that just got a V8 swap and getting lowered next, an '85 Ranger project waiting in the wings, my F-250 and daily driver Kia forte also need some maintenance. That's just the vehicular stuff, I don't even want to think about all the other projects around the house and property.

No, I'm just saying that it doesn't make much sense for me to get those turbines when I've already got wheels that better match my goals for that ride.

BTW decided this weekend that I'm going to try to source my own shed of miracles to organize storage and clear parts and stuff out of the "workshop" shed. Don't have the time and resources to build my own with a barn raising party like you did, but still trying to get it done on the cheap. So can add that to the pile of projects too. Might have a line on a 10x16 barn style for $1000, but it's larger than I wanted (the "workshop" is 12x16 IIRC) and I have to figure out where I'm going to put it. There's also a 10x10 utility which is more in line on size, but same price and I'd have to figure out how to move either of them. Not in a rush though, so still looking.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i witnessed a very overweight woman run into her son with a mobility scooter in Walmart because she didn't know how to engage the brakes. She also ran over several boxes of cereal that fell in her path.

Have you ever noticed that the people riding those things through Walmart don't have anything wrong with them other than being overweight and the people who have real disabilities just don't bother with the scooters at all?

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
i witnessed a very overweight woman run into her son with a mobility scooter in Walmart because she didn't know how to engage the brakes. She also ran over several boxes of cereal that fell in her path.

Have you ever noticed that the people riding those things through Walmart don't have anything wrong with them other than being overweight and the people who have real disabilities just don't bother with the scooters at all?
Exactly the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night. Don’t let her near my fenders!

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Those lazy SOSs (-AKA- bags of manure, being as nice as I can here) are always using, draining, or breaking them so they aren't available for those who need them. I think the people that really need or should be using them have gotten used to them not being available and doing without, same with the handicap parking spots. Of course there are others that should use them and refuse to as you said. Dad was there once with a busted up leg, but was too stubborn to use one.

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I‘d agree he is most likely being his usual goofy self. However, I’ve also come to realize that like most people anymore, I don’t really use words to explain things like I should to be entirely clear on what I’m describing. As a writer, avid reader, and all, I should be a lot better at being clear with what I’m saying. Not really an excuse, but it also doesn’t help that I’m often on here on my tablet which isn’t the best for typing on. A keyboard would be better, but I don’t have my newly used laptop squared away yet.

So in an effort to improve myself and be more clear about what I say, I decided to make an attempt to be clear on what I’m talking about before I go straight to sarcasm. If I’m clear on explaining myself the first time and you decide to be difficult, I know I at least gave you an opportunity to be smart before I blast you.

I’m not sure how available the soft touch coating is or how well plastidip would work. My first Ranger I sanded down some of the trim and used spray paint to match the body color, the repair color match cans. I’ve been debating doing the same with my green Ranger or to do something else fancy to it. I know I want to do the Explorer mirrors with the puddle lights and I plan to put LED strips on the bottom of the doors in green to match the truck and wire them to the door switches so they light up when you open the doors like a puddle light and just kinda have fun with custom work. Something I’ve really wanted to do. Probably make custom sill plates, those plastic trim pieces that say Ranger on them on the rocker panels when you open the door like I did with my first Ranger… I have plans…

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, ok.

I don’t understand why you’d get an adapter from a 20# to a 1#. Won’t the 1# just run out 20 times as fast? Wouldn’t it be better to just use the 20#?
I do use the 20#. Well, I guess to be entirely fair, 20# is really misleading when it comes to the “20#” “grill” tanks. Most of them won’t hold a full 20# of propane. Usually about 18# is the most they fill to anymore and the exchange tanks are the real scam, they usually only are filled 14-16#. Funny thing is, they even tell you that most places if you pay attention. If you take the tank to a place that fills them, it’s usually half the cost or less to give a full fill on the tanks.

But the nice part about the tank exchanges is that if your tank is out of date or you end up with a tank that has the old style valve that’s no longer permitted under Federal law, you can take it to an exchange and swap it for a good tank, no problem. That’s how I got some of my tanks, I got a few tanks that had old valves or were out of date for free as “scrap”, then just stopped at a place that did tank exchanges and swapped them out for good ones. Talked to a guy years ago that worked for one of the exchanges and said that when the used tanks come in, the first thing they do is drain the tanks and pull the valves. Then they sort the tanks as to what ones look serviceable and what don’t. The ones that don’t make the cut get scrapped and the rest get sandblasted, pressure tested, new valve and paint and a fill and back out the door they go. The company doing the exchanges doesn’t track tanks or worry about valves or condition, they’re making money on the whole. So it’s good for us cheapskates.

And please don’t misunderstand my confusion and asking a few simple questions as “grilling.” I didn’t realize you were getting grilled at home and by your family and your friends. If the subject is too sensitive, I apologize.
Unfortunately I do get grilled in that manner as well… I like the cooking food type grilling much, much better. No need for sarcasm, snarky comments, frustration, etc. Just hang out around a grill vibing out, beer, cigar, snagging food off the grill while you make a big production out of it, nothing but straight peace and relaxation.

I do understand the milk crates and the expiration dates. When I was a kid, we had milk delivered from the dairy. I think they even put dates on the milk containers today from the store. You definitely don’t want to try the ones that are past the date.
But past due milk is where you get curds and such, isn’t it? Cheese is made like that I think. I like cheese. A good buffalo chicken wrap with some bleu cheese is really good.

I definitely don’t understand how propane is used in making beer. They say you can absorb knowledge just by being exposed to certain things. If that was really true, I would be the global expert on beer, but I haven’t really seen how it’s been made other than in a brewery.
So the whole process to make beer is really pretty cool. I’m not going to describe it all right now, but there’s a couple ways to do it. The simplest is heating a concentrate and water to a boil on a stove, adding some hops (the plant, technically a hop flower or cone), cool the mix, add water, and add yeast, then stick it in a cool and dark location to do its magic. I’ve moved a couple steps beyond that. My brewing process uses two large coolers, a 15-gallon stainless brew pot, a 70,000 BTU propane burner, and a bunch of other gear. At some point I’d like to brew another batch in the near future and video the whole process.

Your milk crates must be huge to hold that many 20# cans.
{Inappropriate sarcastic comment intentionally withheld because it does not meet community standards}

No need to respond, I will need to reflect on all of this a little bit more. I’ll refine my questions, so I’m not wasting your time.
Oh but I have to respond! It would be entirely inappropriate to ignore your comments! I love helping those who need extra time to think about things come to the property conclusions! Sure it wastes a ton of time and is far less than satisfying, but where would be my manners if I didn’t help the dull? Besides, I’m sure whether I respond or not, you will need to ask all sorts of annoying and oddball questions, some of which by pure happenstance will actually be valid questions that someone may want an honest answer to and some will be the typical slow-whitted questions that don’t really deserve a quality answer but it will be fine because I just love people!!

EDIT: I have never been sarcastic or satirical, and I never will be.
:taunt::icon_rofl:

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
I do use the 20#. Well, I guess to be entirely fair, 20# is really misleading when it comes to the “20#” “grill” tanks. Most of them won’t hold a full 20# of propane. Usually about 18# is the most they fill to anymore and the exchange tanks are the real scam, they usually only are filled 14-16#. Funny thing is, they even tell you that most places if you pay attention. If you take the tank to a place that fills them, it’s usually half the cost or less to give a full fill on the tanks.

But the nice part about the tank exchanges is that if your tank is out of date or you end up with a tank that has the old style valve that’s no longer permitted under Federal law, you can take it to an exchange and swap it for a good tank, no problem. That’s how I got some of my tanks, I got a few tanks that had old valves or were out of date for free as “scrap”, then just stopped at a place that did tank exchanges and swapped them out for good ones. Talked to a guy years ago that worked for one of the exchanges and said that when the used tanks come in, the first thing they do is drain the tanks and pull the valves. Then they sort the tanks as to what ones look serviceable and what don’t. The ones that don’t make the cut get scrapped and the rest get sandblasted, pressure tested, new valve and paint and a fill and back out the door they go. The company doing the exchanges doesn’t track tanks or worry about valves or condition, they’re making money on the whole. So it’s good for us cheapskates.

Unfortunately I do get grilled in that manner as well… I like the cooking food type grilling much, much better. No need for sarcasm, snarky comments, frustration, etc. Just hang out around a grill vibing out, beer, cigar, snagging food off the grill while you make a big production out of it, nothing but straight peace and relaxation.

But past due milk is where you get curds and such, isn’t it? Cheese is made like that I think. I like cheese. A good buffalo chicken wrap with some bleu cheese is really good.

So the whole process to make beer is really pretty cool. I’m not going to describe it all right now, but there’s a couple ways to do it. The simplest is heating a concentrate and water to a boil on a stove, adding some hops (the plant, technically a hop flower or cone), cool the mix, add water, and add yeast, then stick it in a cool and dark location to do its magic. I’ve moved a couple steps beyond that. My brewing process uses two large coolers, a 15-gallon stainless brew pot, a 70,000 BTU propane burner, and a bunch of other gear. At some point I’d like to brew another batch in the near future and video the whole process.

{Inappropriate sarcastic comment intentionally withheld because it does not meet community standards}

Oh but I have to respond! It would be entirely inappropriate to ignore your comments! I love helping those who need extra time to think about things come to the property conclusions! Sure it wastes a ton of time and is far less than satisfying, but where would be my manners if I didn’t help the dull? Besides, I’m sure whether I respond or not, you will need to ask all sorts of annoying and oddball questions, some of which by pure happenstance will actually be valid questions that someone may want an honest answer to and some will be the typical slow-whitted questions that don’t really deserve a quality answer but it will be fine because I just love people!!

:taunt::icon_rofl:
Hahaha, you’re the best. It may be a very scary thought, but I think our minds work in a similar fashion.

Life is way too harsh and serious today compared to when I was raised. I’ve been all over and done all kinds of things, and I find a little bit of humor, sarcasm, poking fun at serious people, as long as it’s not malicious, goes a long way to facilitate excellent communication. In a public forum like this, you never know who will be looking at it, and I like to believe it lifts the spirits of many, not just the sparring partner.

I do have a quick tongue, and I do ask the Lord’s forgiveness on a regular basis, sometimes i jest for fun, but it may be a little harsh. I never intend anything evil or hurtful. It’s nice to find somebody with a thick skin who can dish it back.

On a serious note, don’t confuse “accurate, eloquent speech“ with excellent communication. Sometimes a weird combination of words can convey a concept and get understanding that might take pages in the dictionary to deliver properly. I frequently use that technique when I’m fooling around, but also when I’m doing the day job with some pretty impressive people. Positive results is always the desire.

I’ll leave you with a thought for all the country boys. I was raised in the city, New Jersey, in the shadow of the George Washington Bridge. I lived in a house built in the early 1800s as a trolly waiting station, that was moved to the top of the Palisades in the late 1800s and converted to a private residence. Sounds pretty amazing, huh?

When I was there, the “asbestos and lead based paint museum” was surrounded by mostly apartment buildings built in the early 1900s. It was a very nice place to live, but the appearance was closer to Brooklyn than it was to the Garden State.

Our dairy was the Honaker dairy in North Bergen, New Jersey. You say “dairy” and everybody thinks fields and barns and cow fences. Honaker was a six story brick building, with three long hallways on each floor, with cows stalls on each side of the hallway. If I was going to guess, I’d say it was a few hundred cows. They delivered the milk in little vans that looked like very small UPS vans, where you drove standing up.

When they close down, I bought one of those little vans for $100. That was a rolling party.

I could bore you more, but I thought it might add a little perspective on how my brain functions…

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Laundry and prep work for the water tank removal and replacement. I cleared out the work area and put the expected, needed tools in the basement near water heater. Everything to make the job as quick and smooth as possible as well as respecting the person's time that has agreed to come over and help me out with the dragging the old water heater out of the basement and bringing the new one down the steps. I'll get up early to shut the water and gas off so the tank and connected lines can be drained before he shows up. Depending on how quick that goes, I may have the connections all disconnected before he shows up as well.

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
I scored the other fender I needed for the F250 at the U-Pull. The truck was a shop truck for a bit at a fab shop and there are gouges on both fenders at steel plate on flatbed height, along with the expected Midwest rust holes. Now to learn to spray auto paint! It can’t be that much tougher than lacquer on wood right?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals