• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Went to a flea market & walked around there for a couple of hours, this weekend is a big yard sale weekend so checked a few of those out. Mowed again & got the bush hog out for the area between the yard & the fields. Put some old (92) center caps on my escape. All 3 vehicles need washed now, feild work on all sides of me & its windy today. Think i may try my dirt scoop tomorrow.
IMG_7952.jpeg

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Changed a couple seal on the transmission of my fathers F150. Was leaking enough they wouldn’t pass the inspection and he couldn’t get anyone to do it because Automatic transmissions are black magic voodoo.

Wasn’t that bad.

Worst part was refilling the pan with oil. Doesn’t have a dip stick, so you fill it from a port in the side next to the car.
You have to check the level from the same port, while it’s running, next to the cat
The 2019+ Rangers are almost as bad. Instead of the cat, you are next to the flex pipe and have to wear a glove in order to not get burnt. A couple companies make and sell a dipstick tube for the 10R80 transmissions in the Ranger. The same tube might work on the F150.

I can't find the link for the other one but it is about twice the price of the one above.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
new tires for the 2019 Edge. the factory tires still had some tread left, but are 4-1/2 years old and now suspectable to hydroplaning.
then took the '05 Rangers front right tire off a known bent wheel and mounted it on a suspected good wheel.
skipped balancing, put beads in it instead.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Finished the front bumper and slider install on father in laws Pathfinder. Got his lights all wired up.
20240427_114034.jpg
20240427_114045.jpg
20240427_114127.jpg
20240427_114138.jpg

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Tried out my 3-point mount dirt scoop today by the well. Works great! got rid of all the extra dirt & filled in some low spots. Got the roller out next & went over where I filled in areas. Took the snow chains off of the lawn deere and hung them up. Gassed up the mowers for the next time they are needed. Hit 80 today, been awhile since its been this nice out.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Washed all the cars and trucks.

spent about 4/5 hours on the new F250 with the power buffer and no7. Looks like a brand new truck, cleaned up about 60-70% of her battle scars.

Just now realized I don’t have any pictures from when I bought it or I would post before and after pictures

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Slept in, fooled around with Lincoln, checked out damage at a client’s property (homeless guy set a dumpster on fire), returned some stuff to Harbor Freight and bought some more, some landscaping and maintenance, a little on the Raith.

Lazy day.

Watching the ‘56 Americanization of Godzilla with Raymond Burr now (Godzilla, King of the monsters).

CamTheHedgehog

ASE Certified Tech
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Torsion Bar Max Crank (Pre-2008)
Tire Size
265/75/16
My credo
Professional Dingus At Work
Slept in, fooled around with Lincoln, checked out damage at a client’s property (homeless guy set a dumpster on fire), returned some stuff to Harbor Freight and bought some more, some landscaping and maintenance, a little on the Raith.

Lazy day.

Watching the ‘56 Americanization of Godzilla with Raymond Burr now (Godzilla, King of the monsters).
This is one of the most American descriptions of a slow day I've ever heard. I love it.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Went to an auction today just to do something on a rainy day that wasn't physical or mental... got some stuff, missed some stuff, will post in the new tools thread later once I stop for the night (probably in like an hour, wanna get like 8 more bolts out...). Spent $138 but got two heavy duty pipe stands (think tall one ton jack stands the right height for the front frame horns on a Ranger on 35" tires on almost the lowest setting), a slew of hammers, big wrenches, some sockets, a couple lifetime supply's of dremel bits, big C clamps and other random stuff...

Then ripped into the '90 Ranger, taking measurements it's more obvious why it does some things...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Saturday I hit a milestone… or rather found the end of a 44# spool of welding wire right in the middle of a project for the ol farm tractor. Yesterday I dug out the 33# spool I have for a replacement.

53FBEB6E-05B7-4A47-96EB-1D5CF6F2AFFA.jpeg

CamTheHedgehog

ASE Certified Tech
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Torsion Bar Max Crank (Pre-2008)
Tire Size
265/75/16
My credo
Professional Dingus At Work
Well… one of the glue spots holding my bonded retainer popped off today, so now I am at the orthodontist and am $50 poorer.

Also studied for my engine performance final.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Did some more frame patching on dad’s Ranger and tacked together some more of my other project with my little welder and found that the 10# spool in that is almost gone so I guess I need to order wire for both welders now because I prefer to have a spare roll on hand

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
My landscaping has been out of control since I was injured and sick (2014-2022), and after taking care of other priorities, when I started to recover, it’s a top priority now. At least I think it is, but I can’t see over the grass to see if most of the rest of the yard is also overgrown.

I’m trying to do it myself, because the biggest thing for my recovery, is more physical activity, increase the aerobic rate. I love working on the cars, but they don’t get your heart pumping.

I also know the best time to do it is right now before we get the summer heat. For that kind of work, I’m good for 20 or 30 minutes, then a 20 or 30 minute break, then 20 minutes more, then an hour break, then10 minutes on, you get the idea.

Sooooo, on the breaks, I don’t have to lay down, I just have to slow down and get out of the sun, cool off, and I go into the shed of miracles, and I just clean up a little bit. Also a monumental task.

Sooooo, on the ‘Raith, I’m ready to mount the two side things on the grille, and I want to use the original high-quality stainless screws that I saved. So in between cutting vines and cutting grass, I put away all the junk sitting on top of my workbench, looking for the little cup of screws.

I’m making progress on the landscaping, and I did find the “cup” of screws. The “cup“ was actually a little box. And do you know where it was? It was in the big box marked “Raith.“. Duh.

I have a box or two marked for virtually every project, every vehicle. As I pull things I need again, or as I acquire items, I put them in the big box, or in that area. I have a bad habit of finishing a task, and just dropping the tools and whatever in front of me, a bad habit aquired when I was really sick and I would run out of energy.

Apparently, it has affected my brain as well. Now I’m very good about putting the little pieces and parts in their designated places, I’m just too old and feeble to remember that that is what I do! Anyway, the workbench is clean, and the screws are found

More real estate, more landscaping, and hopefully more turning wrenches tomorrow (the part I like), before the day is over.

I hope I remember where the screws are and that’s the plan when I wake up.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I swapped out most of the winter wardrobe stuff for summer wardrobe stuff. Empty the plastic tub in the basement of the one to make room for the other.

That was pretty much it other that doing a drill day for August, since the weekend of Truck Nationals is also drill weekend.

Oh, and I filled the water bladder in the 3-day Search and Rescue pack. Then took it for a hike to see how far I could get with the additonal 6.5 pounds. I did better than I thought I would (4.14 miles) but not as good as the 6.5 miles I did when the pack was "only" 37 pounds.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Ordered four 10# rolls of welding wire. Two rolls of flux core and two rolls of copper coated MIG wire, just so I have spare wire on hand when I need it. At some point I want a spare gas bottle for the big welder too. Hate running out of stuff in the middle of a project and not being able to continue.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals