• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I forgot I took pictures of the TRS stickers on both trucks. Whomever Jim uses for his stickers, they are of good quality and have held up well. There has been very little fading on them and they haven’t started peeling off like other stickers that are supposed to be made to be out in the elements.

CA09D245-3C8D-447A-8813-F98FB3EED445.jpeg

6199FDB8-5FC4-42FC-A664-19AF66E0F83C.jpeg

Angry Possum

No Fat Chicks, Truck Will Scrape
Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT SC
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235 75 15
My credo
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Changed my oil yesterday. Dam that oil filter is in a ruff spot. Does anyone know the size of the oil filter, I want to purchase an oil wrench wratched grab on gizmo thingy, so it will be easier next time.

1993 Ranger 4.0 Engine

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Changed my oil yesterday. Dam that oil filter is in a ruff spot. Does anyone know the size of the oil filter, I want to purchase an oil wrench wratched grab on gizmo thingy, so it will be easier next time.

1993 Ranger 4.0 Engine
Should be a FL-1a if it’s a Motorcraft filter. I always liked where the OHV 4.0 and the 2.9 had the filter. Straight shot up right next to the frame rail. Not under the drivers side exhaust manifold like the 3.0 where you were almost required to wear welding gloves if the engine was warm. Of course, I now have two or three of the filter wrenches for FL-1a filters that now are virtually worthless because the FL-1a filters changed from a spline type to a hex type.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
Every now and then I sleep wrong and can't look left for a couple days.
This happens like twice a year to me but it started after a lady fell asleep with cruise on and our car stopped her cat at a light

BroncLander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLS Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I was up at 4am and took the transmission in my TRX4m apart and installed new low ratio crawler gears in it.
IMG_20230921_110911509_HDR.jpg

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
More like what I did yesterday LOL. Started the morning off by finishing up my onboarding paperwork for a new job. Took it down and turned it in. Then went about my day LOL. Finally after almost 7 years being stuck at McDonalds working again, I finally was able to land a better paying job with healthcare benefits, set hours paid time off, holidays off, etc. When you have a felony for grand theft, your options for employment become very slim, at least here in Idaho. So, when I applied at the company I'll start working for on October 2nd...I didn't figure I'd really ever hear anything as I don't try and hide my past, I feel its better to be up front and not waste anyone's time. So, when I received a call back to setup a time to come in for an interview I was kind of thrown off. Got through the interview, and was hired on the spot. So, now its just a matter of a 2 week notice to my current employer (even though they don't deserve it), I at least have it as a backup in case things don't work out at the new employer, and at the very least I did everything right with my old employer by finishing out my 2 weeks.

Yesterday afternoon, I called a local tree company to give me a bid on taking out 2 old 100+ foot tall cottonwood trees in my back yard...OUCH!!! That got expensive $6700 to have the trees removed, and the stumps ground down. But, I figure overall that's cheaper than the damage that could potentially be done to buildings on the property if either of those trees should come down. So, that is setup for next Thursday, an all day job I assume to get those trees down. I'll feel better once they're down though, I've already had a few very large limbs break off and come down, so its time to take care of the trees before damage is done, and insurance has to get involved.

The car I had been driving finally gave up, so back to daily driving my 87 Ranger....

Went to a wedding last weekend, which is about 95 miles one way from home, up in the mountains. Had a great drive up there and back, took my F250 up there just to see how it would do on a longer trip. No issues at all, and managed 17.4mpg with it...that's with the 6.8L V10, and 3.73 ratio axles. I'd say not too bad....considering my 88 F250 would have gotten maybe 14-15mpg at best with the 460 V8 and C6 automatic with 4.30 axles.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
More like what I did yesterday LOL. Started the morning off by finishing up my onboarding paperwork for a new job. Took it down and turned it in. Then went about my day LOL. Finally after almost 7 years being stuck at McDonalds working again, I finally was able to land a better paying job with healthcare benefits, set hours paid time off, holidays off, etc. When you have a felony for grand theft, your options for employment become very slim, at least here in Idaho. So, when I applied at the company I'll start working for on October 2nd...I didn't figure I'd really ever hear anything as I don't try and hide my past, I feel its better to be up front and not waste anyone's time. So, when I received a call back to setup a time to come in for an interview I was kind of thrown off. Got through the interview, and was hired on the spot. So, now its just a matter of a 2 week notice to my current employer (even though they don't deserve it), I at least have it as a backup in case things don't work out at the new employer, and at the very least I did everything right with my old employer by finishing out my 2 weeks.

Yesterday afternoon, I called a local tree company to give me a bid on taking out 2 old 100+ foot tall cottonwood trees in my back yard...OUCH!!! That got expensive $6700 to have the trees removed, and the stumps ground down. But, I figure overall that's cheaper than the damage that could potentially be done to buildings on the property if either of those trees should come down. So, that is setup for next Thursday, an all day job I assume to get those trees down. I'll feel better once they're down though, I've already had a few very large limbs break off and come down, so its time to take care of the trees before damage is done, and insurance has to get involved.

The car I had been driving finally gave up, so back to daily driving my 87 Ranger....

Went to a wedding last weekend, which is about 95 miles one way from home, up in the mountains. Had a great drive up there and back, took my F250 up there just to see how it would do on a longer trip. No issues at all, and managed 17.4mpg with it...that's with the 6.8L V10, and 3.73 ratio axles. I'd say not too bad....considering my 88 F250 would have gotten maybe 14-15mpg at best with the 460 V8 and C6 automatic with 4.30 axles.
Good to hear about your new job.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Good to hear about your new job.
Thanks, hoping for many years of employment at this company. I'm 41, I need something stable with good income and healthcare at least. I'll have to figure out the retirement stuff when I get bills caught back up again. I can already feel less stress knowing I now have an end date at my current job...and walk right into a new job the very next day.

I'll be inspecting and rebuilding axles used for moving mobile homes. Tearing the hubs down, cleaning them repacking/replacing bearings, as well as servicing the brakes as needed...also might be helping out in the wheel/tire side of the shop as well. Depending on where I'm needed. I told the shop manager I had no preference at all where I started, I want to learn all aspects of the job eventually when given the opportunity and time to do so. He asked how often I missed work, I told him in the past 6-1/2 years I called in 1 day and that was the day my mom passed away as I had a lot of errands I had to run as a result, dealing with the funeral home, getting her SSI cancelled, house in order, etc. All other days were scheduled days off or were PTO days....in almost 7 years I've never called in sick, and never missed a day of work otherwise...I'm always early for my shifts and usually stay late every day. The nice thing with the company I'll be starting with next week is they have paid time off as well, plus a set schedule 4 days of 9 hour shifts and our Fridays are usually a 4 hour day...with weekends off. So I know every day what my hours are compared to McDonalds where you never know week to week. I can actually plan for things outside of work for the first time in well since I can remember as even in the Army I never could make plans for anything LOL.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
, I called a local tree company to give me a bid on taking out 2 old 100+ foot tall cottonwood trees in my back yard...OUCH!!! That got expensive $6700 to have the trees removed, and the stumps ground down.
I had two 100+ ft white pines and silver maple took down a few years ago. The maple left a 4’ wide stump, but was only about 35’ tall. Had the stumps ground on the pines.

same thing, about 5/6’ from the front of the house.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
went to a auction (bought nothing) then to a huge car show 20 miles north of me & spent 3 hours there. Came home & finished cleaning up the area where the old chicken coop & kennel was.
IMG_6872.jpeg

Last edited:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Harrowed the lawn next to the shop for grass seed that the wife spread apparently, went to town to get a new pole saw and diesel for the tractor (turns out it didn't need any? whatever... 8 gallon tank and I added 3...). It started sprinkling by the time I got home but decided to mow with the finish mower I worked on the last week anyway, made it about 45 minutes before the belt with wear died but I have a spare, problem for tomorrow most likely...

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Helped @lil_Blue_Ford clean up his property. If weather allows, I’ll back there tomorrow.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Helped my mother move all her stuff out of her apartment to her new house. It still needs a good amount of work though.
I’ve been spending this evening in the basement redoing the plumbing to the bathroom.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals