• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Yesterday I made a mount for the Cintas hand soap dispenser in the house bathroom, didn't want to mount it straight to the wall since it'll be moving to the shop at some point, the pallet wood L just sits on top of a plastic drawer thing... free wood wins, it's all 1"x6" construction, 28" tall and the bottom of the L is two 16" pieces, assembled with 4 3" deck screws... this morning realized it was too wide so I took 2" off one side on the bottom tonight, much better...

Today at work I have an odd big engine that NEEDS a cam sensor as the computer is kicking it out of batch fire for some reason so I just need to do it right and put in a cam sensor, but it's an odd setup and no off the shelf sensor was working (needs to be hall effect not VR and needs to be in a 22mm threaded housing annoyingly...), we special ordered some sensors but they won't give us an ETA so I butchered a crank sensor from a GM 4.3L since it was the only thing small enough that we had on hand... spent some time chopping the sensor up with the 14" metal chop saw (we have very delicate tools handy :), I've learned to use it wrong in many ways that are very handy...). Anyway, got it epoxied in place tonight, will try to get it installed tomorrow...

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Most of what I’ve been doing beyond the normal day to day stuff and monthly meetings with the various organizations I belong to is clean or dry the camping equipment and get it put away. There has been so many trips back to back that things have been just piling up. I’m almost there. Some things for the SAR pack need to be put back in it and I need to finish seam sealing and weather proofing the poncho that proved to be a leaking P.O.S.

That thing is an example of why veterans scoff at those who bow at the altar of military spec gear. The contractor who made this thing might have technically met the contract requirements on paper but sure did not in real world performance. I might be able to make it functional, only time will tell. Once the seams are sealed and I douse it in camp dry, time will tell if I was successful or not. Maybe I’ll allow the girlfriend some entertainment and let her douse me with a garden hose to see if I was successful or not.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
It's getting dark way earlier every day so I ran out of time after wind down when I got home... decided to take the weed burner to the weeds growing in the gravel in front of the shop, not the best idea but didn't get too brave around the edges... Then I decided to go to town on the cleanup of my drillpress with a cup brush in a angle grinder (both HFT... only one wire pierced skin when it flew off...), It's coming together, looks much better, I was kinda annoyed that it didn't come with a chuck key but then when I moved the quill all the way down I saw the slot to remove the morse taper adapter, I conveniently have a brand new MT2 1/2" chuck "in stock"... My cheap HFT 4 way key does have one that fits ok though so I'll go with the one that's on it for now. On the table and foot I just did a quick once over with the wire brush then moved to the surface grinder thing and got both down to metal.

As it is on the drill press I just have to oil the quill some as it's stiff same with the chuck, other than that it's perfectly usable!

r-hindl71

Papa R
Ford Technician
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75R15
The next day after I got home the Ranger would not start. Have been checking this problem out, Replaced the battery, it has always tested bad, but starting the truck so I have never replaced it before now. Still something was draining the battery. Found that alternator is causing the drain. Deciding whether to replace with original size or try to upgrade to a higher amp. That is on top of doing all the normal chores.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well, the new microphone for my action cam should be in my mailbox now, so hopefully that helps with the audio of my videos now. Of course I’ll have to experiment some with it. I also have a huge backlog of videos I need to go through and edit and post. Experimenting with the microphone may happen today, but the rest of it won’t because it’s not raining and things need done, lol.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Ordered 9' of 2.25 stainless tube and a stainless muffler to build an exhaust for the ranger.

If only I could find my 2.25" pipe bender die 😪 probably just buy a few bends and pie slice the rest

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Ordered 9' of 2.25 stainless tube and a stainless muffler to build an exhaust for the ranger.

If only I could find my 2.25" pipe bender die 😪 probably just buy a few bends and pie slice the rest
I bought a "universal exhaust kit" for doing the intercooler on my F350 since I wouldn't be able to make the bends I would need, was cheap and came with all sorts of bends, haven't gotten as far as using it, it's only been like 6 months, get off my back! :)

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I bought a "universal exhaust kit" for doing the intercooler on my F350 since I wouldn't be able to make the bends I would need, was cheap and came with all sorts of bends, haven't gotten as far as using it, it's only been like 6 months, get off my back! :)
Those kits do make it super easy. I'm being a wicked cheap-o though lol.. even questioning my desire to spend more money on elbows 😋 might just pie slice it all..

That 9' of tube and the muffler only ran me 112$.. sounds good to me!

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Didnt do much today. Last 2 days was busy with my daughters wedding so really only had today to do any work. I did get the electrical done in the chicken house, all the extra stuff took out, swept and put a few things away. Got the vynil flap stapled up over the nest box chicken entryway. Hopefully next weekend I can get it painted.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Today was largely a day of rest. I needed it after everything going on.

Did do a temporary rig job of my new microphone with my camera and did a couple videos. I’m way behind on getting stuff edited and up on my YouTube. Gonna have to buy or build some sort of mount setup for the camera and the microphone. Hopefully the audio is better now.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I want to take a break but stuff needs done. The camping gear is pretty much back to where it needs to be other than the outdoor rug that goes under the picnic table. It needs the dirt and dried mud hosed out of it. And I would really like to get the camping put away. So, I guess I’ll do that.

broncc

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
My credo
Giving my truck more money than it deserves.
Put the wide tires on in hopes of making track day this weekend.
IMG_20230919_181615935.jpg

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
ordered a sleeve and accumulator kit and a shift kit for the wrangler transmission. reverse will be back and shifting should be better.

the wrangler is in line behind the full suspension replacement on the mazda6, for work to be done.

so maybe in december i will work on one of them. unless the temps drop before then

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals