• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
It was nice. He had a deseil heater hanging off his passenger side rear tire. I was jealous waking up in the 30s haha
Come on man, where's the pictures??

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
@97RangerXLT how many concerts do you go to in a year??
Usually 3 or 4. This year was 4, the Eagles concert was a last minute decision that my sister did and she bought the tickets. For this year we did Metallica in St Louis a few weeks ago, Bryan Adam's in Nashville in June, and John Mellencamp in Louisville in April. The bonus part for all of these is with the exception of Metallica in St Louis is they are all in easy driving distance from my parents house, so no hotell costs. Usually we do quite a few at Ruoff in Noblesville IN which is literally less than 10 minutes from my house.

It is a nice way to relax from the stress of life and work.

AJ

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Went to help my brother today, he had a tree take the overhead powerline to the irrigation pump a couple weeks ago so now's the time to clear out some trees... loaded up some chainsaws and got some things done, not a lot but we made a mess and cut down like 20 smallish cherry trees that have been fighting with tall ash and fir trees so they're 10" diameter but 40' tall. Started with his cordless chainsaw and moved to the gassers after the battery died... jumped to my Craftsman/Poulan saw which worked ok other than the chain is somewhat dull until it ran out of gas and it wouldn't restart so gotta work on that... then moved to the little top handle Homelite that's loud as heck but ran like a top, then got my brothers Echo. Still a lot of work left and the biggest trees left to cut then getting it all out of the area and moved somewhere else to cut into firewood rounds and split sometime in the future... Oh, got out my bigger Homelite 330 and it started and ran fine but I'm pretty sure the clunk fell off or the fuel line broke in the tank so it was short lived...

lil_Blue_Ford

Cut & Weld
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
4”
Well, yesterday I went with dad and took the ol F-150 and little trailer out to collect some maple firewood. Tree company was cutting and loading, so why not…
9AC91E91-62C0-4973-AD02-0F086A3DD264.jpeg

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
After my 10 hr work day I get home & check the battery in the escape, seemed to crank slow for her this morning. 10 volts, when you hit the load switch 8. Still started but tach didnt want to work at first, other guages acted strange. Was told by a co-worker that when I pulled in this morning he could hear some squeaking. Great. Probably a u-joint. Guess I will replace both, didnt take the time to check it out. Put escape in garage after getting the equinox out. Other side of garage has the ford tractor with the blade on it and a full tank of fuel. Thats working, hasnt snowed yet. lol

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
After my 10 hr work day I get home & check the battery in the escape, seemed to crank slow for her this morning. 10 volts, when you hit the load switch 8. Still started but tach didnt want to work at first, other guages acted strange. Was told by a co-worker that when I pulled in this morning he could hear some squeaking. Great. Probably a u-joint. Guess I will replace both, didnt take the time to check it out. Put escape in garage after getting the equinox out. Other side of garage has the ford tractor with the blade on it and a full tank of fuel. Thats working, hasnt snowed yet. lol
10 hours?!?! I used a half a personal day and only spent 4 hrs at work today.

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

Cut & Weld
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
4”
10 hours?!?! I used a half a personal day and only worked 4 hrs today.
Which 4 hours of the day did you actually work? We know it’s not always at work… :icon_rofl: :stirthepot:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Other side of garage has the ford tractor with the blade on it and a full tank of fuel. Thats working, hasnt snowed yet. lol
I went out and started my tractor yesterday and made sure everything worked. Hadn’t been able to use much this year since I’ve been busy with other stuff.
If I didn’t test it it would dump snow and not work.
Now that I know everything is good to go I don’t expect to get any snow.

lil_Blue_Ford

Cut & Weld
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
4”
I went out and started my tractor yesterday and made sure everything worked. Hadn’t been able to use much this year since I’ve been busy with other stuff.
If I didn’t test it it would dump snow and not work.
Now that I know everything is good to go I don’t expect to get any snow.
I haven’t started my Ferguson since @holyford86 was here, but I have no doubt it will fire. Everyone keeps telling me it sounds really good for an old tractor. Back blade is currently on too, but how well I can actually operate this thing remains to be seen. I’m in no hurry to find out either because I got other things to do but a little repair to the back blade is on the table, I cut most of the steel plates the other day, just not sure if I want to completely box around the bad spot or just brace it and leave it open so it doesn’t trap water like the original design did. Also cut some stuff for my 2” receiver hitch/jib/gin pole thing I’m building because I have the stuff mostly and don’t have money to just buy, but I think I have a way to make it better than some of the ones I’ve seen. We shall find out…

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Well, yesterday I went with dad and took the ol F-150 and little trailer out to collect some maple firewood. Tree company was cutting and loading, so why not…
View attachment 102043
I need to do some wood cutting myself. I've fallen behind in keeping the racks properly filled.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I still want to mount a hyd cylinder on my blade so I can change the angle from the seat. Not got around to it.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
On the wood cutting thing, tonight I started off getting the Craftsman/Poulan saw sharpened, filed the rakers down since it looks like they're way behind as the chain is about done... While in there I investigated the carburetor and found the return line falling out of the tank so I fixed that then pulled the spark plug that was kinda gross so I put it through the spark plug cleaner (I'm cheap, and the dumb thing works...). Runs like a top and should cut way nicer.

Then I moved to the bigger Homelite, found the clunk loose in the tank so extracted that and put a new fuel line on. Now the dang thing won't run which I just realized might be related, I bet the screen in the carb is plugged or something, it'll fire once on choke then not again until you clean the spark plug off and it'll just do that again, tried two plugs so that's not it, it's flooding out or something, gotta get the carb apart... also need to check the pulse line to the carb, it's the same gooey stuff that was dissolving in the tank... Oh, and I realized the bar isn't a 24" like I thought it was, pretty sure it's a 20" which if I checked my math right isn't much bigger than the 18" on the Poulan and my brothers Echo... it just looks bigger with the bigger sprocket tip and wider chain... The 55cc compared to the ~40cc saws would be a difference but not sure how much I want to worry about it...

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Bought a wood stove yesterday. Had been wanting to install either a wood stove or pellet stove since I bought this house, heat is all electric and it can be pretty expensive.

We’ve been loosing power a lot over the past couple years, so I ended up going for the wood stove so I don’t need to worry about electric for the hopper motor.

Running it a little outside this afternoon to burn off any of the excess oil and stuff, try and get it in this weekend.

0103B570-CCB8-4DC2-8E40-899A0934545F.jpeg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals