• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
where is the Jeep?
storms are due in Toledo about 7-8

oh crap, it's almost 7 now.
Parked in the street. Along with the fusion. I ended up moving the ranger out from undrr the tree and back by the shed. Luckly we didnt really get shit. Just rain thunder and wind. Theres no massive trees over the street parking. Just in my damn driveway lol

The newer vehicles i dont worry about as much, they are more eaisly replaceable/fixable and on state farms dime.

I need a garage

Manscout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.5x15
Finally finished up the install on my pillar gauges,
I forgot to mention in the other post that Duplicolor Interior Medium Gray is a 95% match for the Ford gray interior. Just make sure you use rubbing alcohol or wax and grease remover on it first. I did 3 light coats and almost cannot scratch it.

94_PurpsRange

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
30" all terrain
My credo
Pitter-patter, let’s get at ‘er.
Drove it thru a planter trying to get my daughter from school and some bus was broke down.
Guess ill go back to the school later and sweep up the mess I made.

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yesterday mine passed state inspection and received an ATF machine flush and fill. It's been 50,000 miles on the previous fill.

Today, because the shops' machines tend to overfill transmissions, I pumped out 3 pints of ATF and added a bottle of Lubegard Red. The level is midway between the add and full marks now, in the middle of the crosshatching.

I've been driving the truck a bit, then siphoning out the power steering reservoir and topping it with Mercon V. The color is starting to become reddish now. Bought 4 more quarts of Mercon V from Walmart today to continue the process.

Now don't laugh too hard at me when you read this. Yesterday, when I started the truck the get the items in the first paragraph done, the engine revved to 3,000 rpm and stayed there. I couldn't see anything wrong under the hood. The revs didn't slow when the truck was put in gear, but the truck behaved as though the throttle had jammed. It was necessary to keep the brake pedal mashed as hard as possible. I nursed it to an auto shop around the corner, only to find the shop was closed. I walked to my neighbor's, called a tow truck, and got the truck to another shop.

Stupid me had pulled out the WeatherTech floor mat to clean and vacuum the interior, and I had put the mat over the accelerator pedal. The truck was fixed in seconds after the shop looked at it. The shop didn't even charge me for it, but I did have to pay the tow bill, of course. Now stop laughing. You jerks. :LOL:

94_PurpsRange

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
30" all terrain
My credo
Pitter-patter, let’s get at ‘er.
Yesterday mine passed state inspection and received an ATF machine flush and fill. It's been 50,000 miles on the previous fill.

Today, because the shops' machines tend to overfill transmissions, I pumped out 3 pints of ATF and added a bottle of Lubegard Red. The level is midway between the add and full marks now, in the middle of the crosshatching.

I've been driving the truck a bit, then siphoning out the power steering reservoir and topping it with Mercon V. The color is starting to become reddish now. Bought 4 more quarts of Mercon V from Walmart today to continue the process.

Now don't laugh too hard at me when you read this. Yesterday, when I started the truck the get the items in the first paragraph done, the engine revved to 3,000 rpm and stayed there. I couldn't see anything wrong under the hood. The revs didn't slow when the truck was put in gear, but the truck behaved as though the throttle had jammed. It was necessary to keep the brake pedal mashed as hard as possible. I nursed it to an auto shop around the corner, only to find the shop was closed. I walked to my neighbor's, called a tow truck, and got the truck to another shop.

Stupid me had pulled out the WeatherTech floor mat to clean and vacuum the interior, and I had put the mat over the accelerator pedal. The truck was fixed in seconds after the shop looked at it. The shop didn't even charge me for it, but I did have to pay the tow bill, of course. Now stop laughing. You jerks. :LOL:
Sounded great up until you tried to "cyber truck" your ranger thru town hahaha Glad you and the truck are safe bud.

The tow bill had to hurt... but thats the small consequence of senior moment

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
Dang, thats a bummer. Like me and the fluid level on the diff.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Popped the hood on the '97 and cut the zip ties holding the rag over 2/3 of the radiator since it's supposed to be 90 tomorrow...

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
old school heating and cooling controls.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
20240510_091438.jpg

Not the ranger...but i wouldnt of parked it next to a tesla and a mach e...the jeep has comp coverage so when one of the ev's bursts into flames itll be covered :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245ci
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2’ Leveling Kit
Tire Size
265/75
My new to me Shiftster come in today. Now to pack it in my travel tool kit and hope I never have to use it.

I am thankful to have found one and able to purchase it.

View attachment 108995
What is “the shiftster”? It looks like something to do with the transfer case. I’ve never seen that before

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
What is “the shiftster”? It looks like something to do with the transfer case. I’ve never seen that before
You're correct.

It's a manual override for a failed Tcase shift motor.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals