• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I’ve put under 10 miles on my “daily driver” in the past 2 weeks… do you really think I’m going to use my back up Ranger??

I think having this county truck is going to save me quite a bit of money.
Eh. You pay for it with your taxes lol.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Forgot to mention, dad’s Ranger went for inspection and came back needing a cat back exhaust and core support. So I guess that’s now on my list of things I have to do…

Not sure how exactly I’m going to make it happen, but I NEED to get a garage up on my property this coming year. This working outside on the ground just takes too much time and effort.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Forgot to mention, dad’s Ranger went for inspection and came back needing a cat back exhaust and core support. So I guess that’s now on my list of things I have to do…

Not sure how exactly I’m going to make it happen, but I NEED to get a garage up on my property this coming year. This working outside on the ground just takes too much time and effort.
Working on the ground is bullplop. I'm with you. I NEED to have my own garage next year. NEEEEEEEEEEED.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Eh. You pay for it with your taxes lol.
You for it with your taxes. He works for the road department. Feds give out road works money like it’s candy.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I think fog lights are a waste of money. The only thing they do is light up the fog.
They do help to under cut the fog some but not my much they help better in rain to reduce road glare or to under cut the snow. They are a low speed light though, so not much help on any driving faster than 35-40 mph since they tend to draw your eyes in closer that you should be looking down the road.

The do work like a nice flood light to illuminate more of the road when driving on trails. I’m sure higher mounted off road lights work better. Since I don’t have any yet, I have nothing to compare them to.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I was so happy to have a garage. I still work on my shit in the gravel outside since my mustang is in the garage on jack stands.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
You for it with your taxes. He works for the road department. Feds give out road works money like it’s candy.
God dammit -__-

Yeah.. your welcome sno lol.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
They do help to under cut the fog some but not my much they help better in rain to reduce road glare or to under cut the snow. They are a low speed light though, so not much help on any driving faster than 35-40 mph since they tend to draw your eyes in closer that you should be looking down the road.

The do work like a nice flood light to illuminate more of the road when driving on trails. I’m sure higher mounted off road lights work better. Since I don’t have any yet, I have nothing to compare them to.
The 'spread' with the stock fogs on the 19+ trucks is pretty impressive. They're almost ditch lights.. not really obviously but they definitely hit the ditches on my road.

Last edited:

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It’s getting to be the time of year that if something needs worked on, it will be in the garage. At least there is a chance it will be somewhat warm as opposed to out in the driveway. With the carport now being up, restrictions along the sides of the vehicle are going to be about the same. Might as well work inside and out of the elements.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The 'spread' with the stock fogs on the 19+ trucks is pretty impressive. They're almost ditch lights.. not really obviously but they definitely hit the ditches on my road.
The 2011 is about the same. I’ve considered switching to yellow bulbs or coating the lenses yellow but that might compromise their off road use and this why they are clear instead of yellow to begin with.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Working on the ground is bullplop. I'm with you. I NEED to have my own garage next year. NEEEEEEEEEEED.
I’ve been working on the ground for over 20 years now. Mostly on gravel, sometimes mud. Rarely I get to work on something on a paved surface. Mostly open air, sometimes a pop up canopy or tarps. My construction work lights sometimes get used. It’s all a huuuuge waste of time. Trying to work around weather and daylight and you have to pull out all of your parts and tools to start and put them all back when you’re done and cover stuff with tarps that tear or blow off in the wind and I’m just over it. It was bad enough to deal with before my concussions and now that I’m limited to only being able to work a few hours at a time, it’s really hard to make progress. I’m done. I have a metal garage building now. I just need to get some things sorted out and some of my property leveled up and a slab poured to put the building up on. And as soon as I can get my grubby mitts on a lift after that happens, it’s going in. Then all of my tools that are scattered over the 6 acres my parents own, the two acres I own, and my buddy’s garage in town can all live in my garage, where they belong and I can stop with the constant treasure hunt to find where I last stashed whatever I now need.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not really. Federal road funding accounts for about a quarter of the money spent on roads and highways.

broncc

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
My credo
Giving my truck more money than it deserves.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not really. Federal road funding accounts for about a quarter of the money spent on roads and highways.
According to the state of NJs budgetary publications there was over a Billion dollars of federal funding for NJ state and local highway departments.

The state of NJ has a multi billion dollar budget for their highway department.
They spend the most money per mile of state highway of any state, over a million dollar per mile of state highway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals