• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Changed the rear differential gear oil on the 2011.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
my son is daily driving the cool guy ranger for now. his focus needs new struts because they locked in the full up position so its like driving a wagon around

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I changed front struts (complete units with springs) and rear shocks on an '02 Focus in like an hour and a half, parts were stupid cheap too, this was like 9 years ago though...

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
its still the same way. he just doesn't have money to buy new stuff yet because he wants to put bilsteins or konis in

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
its still the same way. he just doesn't have money to buy new stuff yet because he wants to put bilsteins or konis in
Locked up how? Like.. siezed extended?

Highly reccomend the konis, especially if he has/wants to lower the thing. The adjustability of the konis with stiffer springs is really nice 👌

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
yes, seized upwards.

i told him konis too. i had them on my 89 325i for autocross with coil overs and they were awesome. to me, konis are better than bilsteins. (i have bilstein 5100 on my truck right now)

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Pressure washed about 20 lbs of Kentucky and Indiana mud off the bottom of it. Left it on the trailer and backed it unto the yard. Might do a night ride at the local park next week. Then, going g to Kentucky again October 20-23 for "Overland The Red". An event being put on by Northology.

Maritime Drag Racing

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
355 Chevrolet
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
2" drop rear shackles
Tire Size
27 X 5 X 15 Hoosier front - 9X30 Hoosier rear(slicks)
My credo
Race it - Break it - Fix it - Repeat
not many benches is why i thought you didn't get many spectators
Unfortunately those damn bleachers are super expensive and barely used even with a big crowd so we didn't add any more in the 6 years since we built the track. We've found most spectators are either roaming the pits, leaning against the pit side fence or sitting in lawn chairs in their truck's box backed up to the fence on the other side. We're also in a fairly low population area of the Province so we don't really have access to the big crowds like you guys south of the border.

Maritime Drag Racing

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
355 Chevrolet
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
2" drop rear shackles
Tire Size
27 X 5 X 15 Hoosier front - 9X30 Hoosier rear(slicks)
My credo
Race it - Break it - Fix it - Repeat
Our little spring rate tweak to the rear leaf spring pack raised the truck a couple of inches but both the pinion angle and the CalTracs bottom bar angles are waaaay better now. First time trial tomorrow morning will tell if it worked or not.......

20220916_102929.jpg

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Started work on prepping the engine bay, probably one more day at most of that and I’ll be ready to set the engine and trans.

Also blasted most of my engine hoist with some fresh rattle can because it was looking pretty rusty. I have a brand new engine leveler here now too. My old one hasn’t appeared yet, pretty sure it’s waiting for me to get the new one dirty first. Did take another half-hearted look around for it though.

Vindictus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
ReMan 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
Started work on prepping the engine bay, probably one more day at most of that and I’ll be ready to set the engine and trans.

Also blasted most of my engine hoist with some fresh rattle can because it was looking pretty rusty. I have a brand new engine leveler here now too. My old one hasn’t appeared yet, pretty sure it’s waiting for me to get the new one dirty first. Did take another half-hearted look around for it though.
in a few weeks when your looking for something else you can't seem to find and there it will be.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
in a few weeks when your looking for something else you can't seem to find and there it will be.
I was trying to make it show itself before I forever spend the money on another. Just not too many reasons for needing two engine levelers at once and they don‘t exactly give them away. But yeah, I’m expecting it to show up sometime after I can’t return the new one

Vindictus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
ReMan 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
I was trying to make it show itself before I forever spend the money on another. Just not too many reasons for needing two engine levelers at once and they don‘t exactly give them away. But yeah, I’m expecting it to show up sometime after I can’t return the new one
Who has only one of a tool? The more you have the easier it is to find one...isn't it?
At least thats what I tell myself to justify the 7-8 hacksaw,4 mini grinders, 5 18inch pipe wrenches, 4 compressors and on and on

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Who has only one of a tool? The more you have the easier it is to find one...isn't it?
At least thats what I tell myself to justify the 7-8 hacksaw,4 mini grinders, 5 18inch pipe wrenches, 4 compressors and on and on
Oh it’s easy to justify multiples, I learned the real value of that when I bought a two pack of grinders because it was on clearance (should have bought the other two boxes of them then too), but I started with putting just one into service and figured I’d have the other as a spare which lasted right up until I’m switching between a cutting disk, grinding disk and wire wheel and said this is stupid and got out the other new grinder. I just don’t see myself using an engine leveler like that, lol

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I drove it to my mom's place to find out why her Honda wouldn't start. It was the battery. For whatever reason, Honda decided to use two different battery sizes depending on engines. I called all over town trying to find a 51R battery. Costco was out. So was Walmart, Autozone, Carquest, and Oreilly wanted $249 for it, and most of them were out of stock. Out of curiosity I tried Ford's part search and found it for $150. So, I priced other dealerships. Honda was out of stock. Nissan wanted $186. Mazda wanted....$289 and the parts person said he has a full shelf of them because nobody buys them there because someone thinks putting a a Mazda ZoomZoom sticker on a production battery makes it worth another $140. So, off to Ford I went and installed a nice and shiny new Motorcraft battery in a Honda. This really disturbed my brother in law. He has this thing with matching the brand of the battery to the brand of the car, and was furthermore disturbed because the Honda logo is blue, and, "what if someone sees the red Motorcraft logo on the battery?" I told him it didn't matter because I'm the only one who will see it, then laughed. He said he didn't see the humor in the situation, so I laughed again because I think it's funny.

I also like Motorcraft batteries. I've always had good luck with them. I been able to get 6 to almost 8 years out of them. The Honda battery lasted just under 6 years, which is still good.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals