• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So full story, I was running a little behind for work. Somehow managed to spill coffee on myself (was not holding it at the time, it had a lid and was 1/3 or so gone). The thought crossed through my thick skull that perhaps it just wasn’t my day and I should turn around and call off.
Similar situation happened to me, but without the deer.

Heading to the freight warehouse to ship a machine, stop for coffee. Set coffee on top of dash board because my '92 F150 doesn't have cup holders, pulled out of the parking lot and spilled it on myself. Ok, maybe I should just forget the coffee, nope I I'm gonna stop at the gas station for some more. Get my next cup of coffee, and head down the road. Stopped behind a school bus, set coffee on dash board. Some lady, who was on her phone, rear ended the truck, and spilled the coffee again. Hit me so hard it ripped the axle off the springs and pushed the trans and motor off their mounts. So I had to walk back to the place where I bought the first coffee, covered in coffee, in the rain, 35* outside, and bought some more coffee and a pack of cigarettes.

I did not go to work that day.

Jazzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Dang, I feel lucky now.....

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Wheel cylinder that I didn’t replace yet started leaking, so I nursed it home and capped it off for now. Probably Sunday afternoon will be that adventure. Tomorrow we go looking for another deer.

Speaking of, there were two outside the front door when I left for work this morning and 5 others crossed the road in front of me at various locations on the way to work this morning. I think they’re after me...

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Hauled some railroad ties. Booger to load those by yourself, glad I have the slick bedliner.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Speaking of, there were two outside the front door when I left for work this morning and 5 others crossed the road in front of me at various locations on the way to work this morning. I think they’re after me...
Sounds like Trump is behind this... he has now rallied the deer herds too. That son of a....

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
At least we can shoot the deer!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Robbed the receiver out of the Ranger to pull the wife's car out of the snow.

Fun project to cone home to, it is amusing how many times an AWD suv can get stuck spinning one tire... equally amusing how easily an F-150 can pull an edge sideways when wify steers the wrong direction.

2drxploder

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
lower
Tire Size
235 on 15s
Watched the old girl get covered with a light dusting of snow while sipping some cold brews. Unusual here in the south, and thats the snow just to be clear!

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I did the test drive on the 97 4.0 about sixty miles up the road to check out/buy two more sets of wheels, 14 & 15 bullet hole/outlaw with rotten tires, but all for $85 with center caps and chrome nuts. When I got there, the 14s were deer hoof, but the 15s looked stock. I only needed one 15, but price was too good to pass up. I still bought them all, but then had the afterthought driving back that the 15s were on a 90s F150. I hope they’re 5x4.5s, I’ll check tomorrow. I’ll still use them as all this comes together.

The radiator and thermostat did well, but still ran a little cool, probably my trash can gasket materials out of place. No leaks though, and I have the gaskets on order.
A lot of small tasks tomorrow on the whole junk pile: all three Lincolns and the f250 & 97 ranger. That and cleaning & organizing the shop some more.

& I saw Wonder Woman 84 with my sweetie tonight. 8 of us in the theater. It was very good if you like that kind of hero fantasy, very well done. & Gal Gadot, whew, keep it coming....

Last edited:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
In the process or replacing door-window seals, lock cylinders, door panels, and arm rests. BTW the arm rest for a D21 is pretty close to fitting a first gen and can still be bought cheap aftermarket.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
bought some foam pipe insulation to put on the heater hose, Im not sure it will make a big difference but cant hurt. Was less than $4 for a 7’ peice at menards. Hope it helps.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I did the test drive on the 97 4.0 about sixty miles up the road to check out/buy two more sets of wheels, 14 & 15 bullet hole/outlaw with rotten tires, but all for $85 with center caps and chrome nuts. When I got there, the 14s were deer hoof, but the 15s looked stock. I only needed one 15, but price was too good to pass up. I still bought them all, but then had the afterthought driving back that the 15s were on a 90s F150. I hope they’re 5x4.5s, I’ll check tomorrow. snip....
F150's were 5 on 5.5...

I drove the '00 Explorer for the first time in a while, found the glove box full of mouse nest after I started driving... stopped 5 miles later and emptied that grossness... when I got home threw some bait bar things in the thing, will hopefully get to vacuuming it out this weekend, I hate those things... and to top it off the cruise control isn't working and other odd wiring stuff that's in that area... it's in the driveway now... will make a post in electrical section on that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals