• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What are you elbow deep in right now?

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Having to drill out a sheared stainless is a PITA. I'd sooner use a grade 2 bolt than a stainless one :D

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Our Kenmore Elite washing machine dropped a deuce on Friday night. The transmission feels like it's binding up, and the motor startup coil doesn't ohm out within spec. So, I'm not 100% sure if the motor or trans is the culprit, in not both. New motors are $185 and a new trans is $190.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

So my Wife started looking for a new washer in the classifieds. She found an older model Kenmore washing machine for $20 on KSL (our local version of Craig's List). It looks like it's all the same parts, except the motor is wired slightly different. I'm pretty sure I can make it work in our current machine though - which is a MUCH nicer machine.

I like me a cheap fix.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
1. Wiring, headgasket and valve job on a tractor.

2. Rebuilding D35 to for my ranger. Ball joints, seals, bushings, brakes bearings and crosses.

3. Putting a door in my barn so I don't have to chip ice off my tractor if I want to run them in the winter. Will have room for all 4 plus my dd inside which will be SWEET.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
^^^^ I still have a bunch of crap to do before winter as well. I really need to get the front diff swapped in my Expedition. I guess it won't be the end of the world if it waits til spring. Lol.... it's just noisy.

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Our Kenmore Elite washing machine dropped a deuce on Friday night. The transmission feels like it's binding up, and the motor startup coil doesn't ohm out within spec. So, I'm not 100% sure if the motor or trans is the culprit, in not both. New motors are $185 and a new trans is $190.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

So my Wife started looking for a new washer in the classifieds. She found an older model Kenmore washing machine for $20 on KSL (our local version of Craig's List). It looks like it's all the same parts, except the motor is wired slightly different. I'm pretty sure I can make it work in our current machine though - which is a MUCH nicer machine.

I like me a cheap fix.
I'm facing a semi-similar situation...my wife and I have a washer/dryer combo that she got for her apartment right after we met, they were used when she got them so now we've had them for almost 9 years.

I'm waiting for the dryer to kick the bucket and it just won't die. Some weeks we do laundry and it sounds like we have a load of rocks in it, other weeks it sounds normal. Pretty sure the bearings are going out on the drum but it's been doing this for over 6 months now!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^^^^ I still have a bunch of crap to do before winter as well. I really need to get the front diff swapped in my Expedition. I guess it won't be the end of the world if it waits til spring. Lol.... it's just noisy.
That is mildly fun to do too. Regeared my F-150 3 years ago, wrestling that thing around wasn't much fun.

The shed is hopefully going to happen tonight, the rest aside from painting the axle can happen in my garage this winter. I would love to get the tractor running before then though.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Got the transmission in. Now it's testing time.

It's a lot uglier than the original, lol.

RonneyJAyala

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 For now...
Transmission
Manual
Elbows deep in clutch replacement...I think some yahoo may have replaced only the friction disc at some point... mic'd at 0.322", which is a lot thicker than I expected from how it was driving. Pressure plate fingers are bent, flywheel and p plate are bothe discolored and cracked from heat, there's a race almost poking through on the throwout bearing... which is nearly seized.

Disc has laser-etched lettering on it, which I don't think was standard automotive parts mfring technique in 97... but the rest of the stack looks factory.

I'm about to be elbow, neck, knee, whatever you want to call it in the exact same thing. My cutch is pretty bad, got a good nice stiffness in the pedal, and I can basically take off in third gear without giving it gas. Not to mention most gears don't like to go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Having to drill out a sheared stainless is a PITA. I'd sooner use a grade 2 bolt than a stainless one :D
Meh, get some better drill bits.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry, my barn has 4 light bulbs; only one is in the main big part and it is on the backside of the beam so the lighting for pics at night kinda sucks. Anyway I have been making good headway:

Misc junk outta my way, I have two more "tiers" of stuff to move to get all four tractors in the same time:

Really for real? I can come inside?

Now that is a happy B. :yahoo:

Enough loafing, back to the salt mine! (after shredding weeds that morning) :buttkick:

Another night under the stars for the poor B that gets no respect:

Got kinda sorta half the big parts painted:

And that concludes my weekend :D

Last edited:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
My weekend consisted of.... ring ring ring "hey Shane can you come in to work today?". Then after that I called my Dad over to look at our still not working washer. The two of us decided it was best to just to throw it in the trash and get a new washer. So, Lowes came and installed the new bastard and hauled off my two old washers.

This agitator-less washer bit is strange business. It makes funny noises.

Fishful

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all. I know I'm to the forum but just wanted to chime in!! I'm getting prepped to help my buddy hydro dip some designs on a bunch of exterior pieces on my truck including rims hopefully and wrap the truck in flat black !

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
All this time and no one has made a 'your mom' joke?

CrazyLikeAFox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Undercompensating
Hey fellas! I had a hell of a time getting those pinch bolts out at ball joint/caster bushing, but with a little help from a friend, we got them out! Had some decent weather today, so I got everything and then some painted. Now it's time to out it all back together.

CrazyLikeAFox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Undercompensating
Ball joints are in! I decided to go ahead and put new shocks on too, so I got them ordered. Hydro 7000 series from Skyjacker. Also got confirmation that my rotors are on their way finally! Good day!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals