• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Western Washington 2001 V8 Converstions?

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I am looking to see if anyone living in Western Washington has done a V8 converstion on a 2001+. I would really like to do it this coming summer but I'm iffy on the electrical. It would be great to have someone near that could give advice or possibly lend a hand.
TIA-Jason

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Transmission
Manual
Ive done alot of conversion stuff and wiring harnesses where in wa are you>?

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have 01 and live in Western Wa, but no V8. =[

But, we do have a meet coming up, you should come!

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70068
How many people usually show up to this thing? I might be interested if its worth the gas.

Ive done alot of conversion stuff and wiring harnesses where in wa are you>?
I live in Parkland (S. Tacoma). I have my own house with a two car garage that has a shop area with work bench. So plenty of room to do the work comfortably. I'm not a complete newb on mechanics or electrical, but it would be nice to have some help from someone who has done it since this is my only truck. I have a motorcycle I'm going to ride during the swap, thus waiting till the summer.

Last edited:

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
How many people usually show up to this thing? I might be interested if its worth the gas.

I find it ironic you are talking about doing a V8 swap into your truck and worrying about gas

aaron_ariens

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Haha, thats funny. Last time I went, like 5 I think But, I believe we are expecting more, we have a post up on ranger-forums as well. I'll try to get some numbers for ya in a bit.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
All the info you need to know on making everything work has been chronicled multiple times here and on the other big boards(ranger-forums and rangerpowersports) on your exact application. All you'd really need is a local buddy to give the second helping hand. Everything you needs been covered a fewtimes.

I don't recall any PNW guy with a 98+ 4x4 running a 5.0.

Come on out to the meet....it's always a good time. Eat at a cute little burger joint and we overwelm the cute girls that work there. lol. then we go take pics then go have a few drinks. I may or may not be there. It ain't that far from ya....we got a regular coming from north seattle and another regular coming from basically wilsonville oregon.

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I find it ironic you are talking about doing a V8 swap into your truck and worrying about gas
well if you read the numbers the guys are getting with the V8 swap you will see that 90% of the time they end up getting better gas milage then the 3.0 does. And I'm not really worried about gas as long as I feel it is worth using it.

All the info you need to know on making everything work has been chronicled multiple times here and on the other big boards(ranger-forums and rangerpowersports) on your exact application. All you'd really need is a local buddy to give the second helping hand. Everything you needs been covered a fewtimes.

I don't recall any PNW guy with a 98+ 4x4 running a 5.0.

Come on out to the meet....it's always a good time. Eat at a cute little burger joint and we overwelm the cute girls that work there. lol. then we go take pics then go have a few drinks. I may or may not be there. It ain't that far from ya....we got a regular coming from north seattle and another regular coming from basically wilsonville oregon.
I've read all the swap info that I can find, many many hours worth. It would just be nice to have someone on hand that has done it. I cant take 3-4 months to do the swap like some of the other guys.

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think I'm going to try and head down to the Ranger Meet on the 15th.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sweet dude...yeah come on out. I should be there. We usually have half a dozen trucks show up and every year in August we have a big meet in Portland. Last year we had damn near 20 trucks show.

I understand how nice it is to have someone who's done it there to walk you along...but I don't think it's much of a choice. lol. Best bet is get all the info you need and get started with a project log. If people care, you'll likely get help along the way. A good read would be a member named MudSlanger over at Ranger-Forums.com 3.0 to 5.0 build thread. He did his a few months back on his '00(?) and this thread is loaded with info and other threads he's posted asking questions are very informative. Another one would be Int3rc3ptor @ Ranger-Forums too. I'm not on here much to know who's done it on TRS with a similar truck. So Sorry for promoting a different site to take a look at. RangerPowerSports.com is also another great source.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals