• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rockwerks
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• there is a local salvage yard that has axles for about $160 each for any make and model they are all the same price. i can find some dana 44's and modify those. I can get the 302 from there for $130 complete and a tranny with the transfercase for $140
    That is what I was wondering if you could do the work, I do all my own setups. I think I would look for early bronco axles then about the right width for an early Ranger and will have a dana 44 front and a ford 9" rear. A great combo for the price
    well i dont realy have to pay $300 for labor because i am taking diesel mechanic classes and rebuilding trannys and axles is part of it so i can just buy the axles and parts and rebuild them myself
    a dana 44 can be bought for around 200.00 gears are around 200.00 locker Detroit 499.00 new seals etc and laboraround 300.00, sssooooo rebuilding ones will cost you around 1000.00 at least if lucky per axle. you might be able to buy a set used off of Pirates4x4 for around 1000.00 for a set
    If you can not modify the axles yourself then it will be hard to build good strong axles for 800.00 each. gears and lockers will cost you more than that. Id go look over at pirate4x4 for axles for sale. I was just wondering if you where going to modify the suspension style is all.
    The axle swap i can handle. the 8 inch skyjacker lift i can get a 4wd shop to do it. what do you meen by what kind of suspension?
    tire size= 33x12, I wish to spend up to $800 each(front,back), up to 450hp, 5speed, dont know which kind of transfercase. which axle do you think is best?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad