• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

weird p1300 code 2000 3.0 v6 FFV please help

crithappens7410

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2000 ranger xlt obviously its a 3.0 (ffv) its throwing a p1300 code and im not sure what the heck it means and i can't seem to find any specific info just generic b.s. on google. anybody know what SPECIFICALLY could be causing that issue? i've had a rough idle for months with what seems to be an intermittent miss but after changing the coil to a Standard (because the cheapo at o'reilleys wasn't working right or wasn't hot enough idk) it no longer reads that there is a miss but still feels like it has a miss and runs like total shit. talkin no power under accel, barely idles, but the ecu isn't throwing any codes. i've replaced head gaskets and every gasket between there and the top of the motor, replaced plugs(2 times), wires(2 times), coil(3 times) air filter, fuel filter, new vaccum lines(the big black ones anyway) and the catalytic converter. ecu isn't throwing codes but i've got 12 GEM codes, ill try to attach the pdf with the codes plz help im about ready to blow this turd up or give it away for $100. its in good shape considering its 20 years old, only 96k miles but i've spent more time chasing my tail on this dang truck and its gonna put me in an early grave

Attachments

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When u changed the coil did u make sure u out the wires in the correct spots? I would try to get a motorcraft brand. Ford's don't do well with other brands. Have u checked ur spark plugs? What all diag have u done?

crithappens7410

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
yep wires are all correct motorcraft is the brand that i had before when it was missing and the ecu knew it was missing since it threw a 0305 code(IIRC) telling me it had a cyl 5 misfire. changing the coil did get rid of the 0305 code but it still feels like its missing. its got compression on all cyl (125-145psi) i did replace the cyl 5 injector trying to troubleshoot the misfire before reading on this very forum where somebody else had issues with the motorcraft coils and suggested anyone else having issues with those to try the next step up as well as speaking to a couple folks i know that said they had the same issue i was having till the swapped to the better coil. like i said its got new head,intake,plenum,egr, and exhaust gaskets new plugs, wires, air filter, coil, cat and the #5 injector is new. yes i know when changing one injector you should change em all but im jobless rn and scraping bye hoping my truck will hold together till all this covid crap blows over and i can get back to work. just looking for any suggestions on things i might have missed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals