• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Weight loss- 15 lbs in a month is probably bad?

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I don't see how you can drink 2 gallons of water a day. But it's a good goal - well - anything would be better than what I usually do which is 2-3 cups of coffee and not a lot more. That's no where near enough; I keep a gallon of distilled water in the shop and hit that sometimes. I always have distilled water because the dog had kidney stones, had to have operation (it was bad), and now she has special food and gets distilled water. This is, I guess, supposed to cut down on the mineral content. The stones that came out of her, one was as big as your thumb, and a bunch more little ones, they looked basically like the stuff that builds up in the hot water heater. I still give her milk bones which is not really recommended but there's no big treats that come in dietary.

Realizing this isn't about dogs.... but related to hydrating, yes, I notice especially if it's low humidity, not enough water can make you feel yuck. I have to think more water is better, it would flush your liver/kidneys and help get the crap out that they filter - I myself would rather not have kidney stones. I'm just guessing about this, but it seems reasonable. Doctor says I am dehydrated. How they know this I don't know, but it's probably correct.

Truck forum is about the last place I'd expect to find health advice, but your point is well taken. The body has all kinds of dissolved salts in it, the concentrations have to be correct and they test for these things with blood tests.
The body is essentially a machine with some replaceable parts but not many and not easily done. It's not like a truck that you can keep it on the road forever. That said, being dehydrated would be like running your truck below the range in oil and missing some antifreeze, etc. You wouldn't do that. Shouldn't I treat my body at least as well as my truck (rhetorical)? Habits are hard to break.
It’s actually pretty easy to down a couple gallons of water a day, you just have to plan for it and make a habit. I keep a glass of water by my bed, first thing in the morning take down whatever I don’t drink during the night. Do my morning stretches and down about 8 ounces of water with some vitamins. 8-10 ounces of orange juice (or orange/pineapple or orange/mango) with breakfast followed by two large cups of coffee. Keep water on hand the rest of the day and sip some here and there. One beer with dinner. Water until bed and one full glass before bed.

I also am able to down an entire 16.9 ounce bottle in one go. Glug, glug, glug. Open the throat and let it go like chugging a beer. My body is a lot happier with this routine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals