• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wally Worlds amp kits...

Alex FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
For all the cars I've had to install stereo systems in i have never used crutch fields wiring kits (I usually buy my stuff there). People tell me all the time that my amps are gonna blow and short out because of the wiring i bought for them but none have failed me yet and i don't think they will.

Of course i don't go with the gauge of wires that the boxes at walmart tell me, i always go with what size the amp manual says. even though my eclipse is only 240 watt rms the wiring walmart has is 10 gauge for it so i bought the walmart 8 gauge kit like the manual said i should even though it says at walamrt for 680 watts. So i would never go with what the boxes say.

So the conclusion is if anyone else has experience with them? i belive the brand is scosche but ive never heard of them and they do work will. My entire kit was 20 bux and was fused well and all.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
wire is wire dude, as long as its the right gauge your ok

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
wire is wire dude, as long as its the right gauge your ok
this guy knows what he's talking about... as long as it is the same number AWG, you should be getting the same product.

as far as construction of the wire... you'd have to ask someone else. some metals are better than others i would assume.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
double post sorry

99RangerBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
as long as its copper not aluminum other wise if its aluminum you have to go one gauge up e.g. 12 AWG copper is good for 20 amps 12 AWG aluminum is good for 15 amps

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
X2 wire is wire
The only different is strand count and in most case that does not matter because you are not building a competition car or truck..

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
the strand thing is a good point, but i dont think hes getting that deep. I'v seen wiring kits from all over, and there biggest diff is the $$$$, if you leave the car audio world you can get tinned wire, and thicker strands ect. the only think i could ever dog the wally world kits on. are some of the connectors are not as pretty to look at. but thats it.

as far as other metals. copper, or tinned copper. alum will be solid wire and very hard to work with. and kinda hard to find, and half dangerous. due to repeated heating and cooling. they used it in houses back in wwII i think cause copper was scarce. and they learned there lesson. if you could find silver wire that be the shit.
the break down for best materiel used is as follows:
silver,copper,gold,aluminum,iron, steel,brass, bronze, mercury,
i think platinum is some were in the top cant remember, could be wronge, but silver and copper are your best bets

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
as long as its copper and not aluminum or copper cladded aluminum, youll be fine. hell, if you could get a good deal on welders cable, that will work as well.

general rule:
8awg good to about 400w
4awg good to about 1000w
1/0 anything over 1000w

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
i think the biggest complaint about those cheap wiring sets is that the wire is actually smaller than it says and they use insulation to make up the difference in size. Its what i've heard so I dont know if its true or not.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
i think the biggest complaint about those cheap wiring sets is that the wire is actually smaller than it says and they use insulation to make up the difference in size. Its what i've heard so I dont know if its true or not.
i believe if it says AWG... then it has to be the specified size/amount of wire

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The crimp connectors are always crap in them.

Alex FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Loud Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i believe if it says AWG... then it has to be the specified size/amount of wire
AWG doesnt exactly mean what size it is, is refers to how much amperage it can carry and how much resistance the wire has per foot. But in order to pass more current and have less resistance the wire will need to be bigger, Not all 4ga or 0ga wire will be the same size.

Look for OFC, or oxygen free copper.
OFC>Copper clad aluminum>Aluminum

if you want more flexible wire look for a higher strand count, if you dont care how flexable it is just get welding cable. Its much cheaper but not as pretty since the insulation is usually black instead of a clear colored insulation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
ive used the walmart brand and it comes with everything u need to hook up a amp and sub and ive had no problems with it and its very easy to hook up just use common sense haha ive had it in since july of 09 but i did go with the 1200 watt wire set id say its good enuf for a simple amp and sub

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
higher strand count gets you more than flexibility. the more strands, the more current it will carry. welding cable is great and rather expensive, but it gets you more current capacity and lower loss due to the more strands of wire inside a thick insulation jacket. i use 600 strand count welding wire. not cheap, but excellent in a dual battery hook up relocated to the bed in the pickup.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals