• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

v8 swap questions

kegger06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1995 mazda pickup that is in excellent shape but is too weak for my taste. I was wondering if any one could answer some questions for me. First off I have a W/C t-5 model number 1352-239 with roughly 5000mi on it and I need to know if it will fit in place where the shifter will work correctly/ firewall clearance and if it will work with the bellhousing that came with it. What length input shaft is needed? And also I need to know what pilot bearing to use or if im just wasting my time thinking about using this tranny. I would also like to know if there are any real ways to make PS or AC work correctly after swap. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Here ya go..............

Contact this guy, he can answer alotta your questions........GREAT guy!

juanone

Biography
Graphic Designer

Occupation
Graphic Designer

Vehicle
97 Mazda B2300
Engine & Perfomance
Brand New 302 Ford Racing Short Block, Edelbrock RPM Aluminum Heads Por and Polished, Ford E303 Roller Cam, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock RPM Intake, Speed Demon 650cfm Carburetor, Aluminum Roller Rockers, Centerforce Cluch, Tremec TKOII 5 Speed Manual Transmission, Stainless Steel Drive Shaft, 1997 SVT Cobra 8.8" Rear End.

Suspension
Flipped rear leaf hangers for a 2-1/2" drop in the rear.

Cut off one (1) coil from front springs and it lowered the front almost two (2) inches.

Next step is putting coil over shocks in the rear and perhaps take one leaf out of the rear.
Wheels/Tires
17" Cobra GT500's, Nittos all around.

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/member.php?u=30245

Keep us posted & show some pics!

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The B series are exactly the same as the Ranger mechanically, so you should actually just look around the V8 conversion forums and there should be plenty of answers there. Most people just drop in a 5.0HO (Mustang) and it matches up with the Ranger transmissions.

kegger06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
I dont really want to use a stock ranger R1 mazda tranny behind a 302, I didnt even know you could other than on 4wd's, but mines a 2wd. But I do have a good W/C aftermarket t5, I just need to know if the input shaft length and bellhousing are correct. The identification chart says it has a 7.18" input shaft length. I just hear so much about having to change input shaft lengths on the W/C Borg Warner t-5 to make it work. I just want to know if my tremec will bolt up to a 302 block, fit (as far as firewall clearance, and if my shifter will still be in stock location), and what clutch parts I need to use. Also any aftermarket hydraulic slave cylinders that I can rig to work with my stock clutch pedal If it will work on a ranger then it will work on the mazda, I just need to know what will need to be modified and some good ideas are.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals