• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

truck stalls after letting off gas when doing some high throttling.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
first off, the truck is a 97 AUTOMATIC, the two best examples i have of this problem would be:

in the snow, i'll tap the gas around a corner (maybe it goes up to 3k) and drift sideways, if i just let off the gas and let the truck slide, it will stall..

also happens A LOT when i'm stuck, which makes it so hard to get UNSTUCK.. so example, i am CURRENTLY stuck in 2 feet of snow, dug down to the axles and the dirt, i dug the truck out, all around the axles and tires put it in reverse and give it some gas 9the tires are packed with dirt so i need some wheel speed), give it some more, not moving, i maybe hit 3k in 4 high, i wasnt moving so let off from 3k, idle drops to under 900rpm sometimes it recovers, most time it dies unless i hold the throttle around 1k rpm.

i had been having a plug fouling problem on cyl #4, but its been running fine for a few months now.. i also have an exhaust leak before the cats. any ideas? need any more info? thanks

mfp4073

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am just throwing this out there, but would not be suprised if it was a vacuum leak of some kind. first place I would go would be the soft lines. My mazda mx6 would idle just fine, but if I was coming off higher rpms and hit the brakes and clutch and basically just let the idle tank it would stall. I would have to heel/toe it to keep it running. I found one vac line off and a few others that were cracked and replaced them, not thinking about the idle issue. But sure enough, I reset the comp and it works fine now.

jds3403

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hello this sounds like you iac sensor has shit the bed. not hard to fix at all. the computer cranks the iac wide open when you are on the throttle just in case you suddenly let off the iac is open to allow air in so it wont stall the iac also controls idle as well so if your idle is goofy as in not idling or surging or just plain shutting off and/or it stalls when you let off the throttle you need to replace your IAC valve and you will be just fine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals