• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trash talk

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
I have been doing some random searching on different 4x4 sites and the one thing I have found hilarious is the amount of trash talk the ranger gets. I see more people discredit pretty much all rbv's especially the older ttb vehivles. In my opinion they are fairly cheap to come by and the ttb is better than a regular ifs no cv axle to snap. But that's just me.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey man, that's funny. I see the ranger as a nice foundation to do anything u dig..jacked up or slammed down I think they look good either way....I guess for the 4x4s once u do the SAS ur in the same playing field as most other 4x4s and is pretty common from what I've read these days.

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
Ya I like them both I have a 4x4 now but here's my old 91.uploadfromtaptalk1445726976134.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
All vehicles break every once in awhile. It does not matter what your drive. Any vehicle can be made to handle many challenges. You have to upgrade them to make them last. No stock 4x4 can go out and climb a huge hill while rock climbing. No stock vehicle can hit deep mud pits and not get stuck. I always laugh when I see any stock 4x4 on a dealer's lot. Brand new with no lift, no REAL tires and not a decent sent of gear ratios. If you lift your new ride you need to upgrade everything. It will be nice if dealers would have a new
4x4 ready for you buy with upgrades already installed. But...we know that will cost a lot if you bought it new on the lot that way....lol. So...most of us buy a nice used ride and fix them up.

I see a lot of Rangers, F150's and Jeeps and Chevy's (GM) and Dodge trucks in Ocala on the trail rides we go on. Nobody trashes anybody's rides there. Everybody gets along and helps each other out if somebody has any problems. This is the way it should be!!!

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
You think the Ranger & BII's catch hell, try wheeling in an Explorer. I dont know how many times I can be made fun of on the beginning of a trail. They change their tune after the run is over though. I remember one trail we were running and my normal partner broke the shaft on his steering box. I offered to run him back into town and get a new one (we were about a mile into the trail). We head back to get the box, the rest of the group head on up the trail. On our way out we pass a group of JEEPs going in. We get the box, and catch up to the JEEP guys and our group. They told me they were tqalking smack about my Explorer. Things like "I guess it was too much for the grocery getter" and "wimpy FORD", etc.. All I could tell them was "Yeah, this is only my second trip in today". When we all were back off the trail, they told me I could wheel with them any day and had a new respect for the "Grocery Getter".

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hahaha. I wheel a jku and ppl still give me ish about my "mall crawler". I say drive what makes u happy....and can afford. Lol.

Kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
some trash talk is fun, I enjoy it mysef. ford/chevy, jeep/landrover, what ever. I love giving and catching heck from friends. I my experience there is two groups that truly talk trash about vehicles, one that has had personal trouble with a specific truck in the past, and one that knows only what they have read online and knows next to nothing. Truth is driver abilty almost means more than the vehicle and rbv do fine and like any other vehicle can be built to perform over the moon if you spend the money.

I saw a mustang win a mud bog one time. now obviously it wasnt of the lot but interesting to watch.

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euy_Va39I1M

It takes performance to stifle trash talk.

There's a lot of trash talk between the mustang crowds and the Camaro/Firebird crowds... I've outrun some 5.0 v8 mustangs in my 3.8 v6 firebird, but I've met some guys that can drive their 3.8 v6 mustangs like the stig and not wallow like a pig in mud.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Haters gonna hate takes a true dedication to wheelin to build a rbv because unlike jeeps we can't just buy everything from some catalog and bolt it we buy a universal trac bar mount bust out the trusty welder and make that bitch fit

Kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Haters gonna hate takes a true dedication to wheelin to build a rbv because unlike jeeps we can't just buy everything from some catalog and bolt it we buy a universal trac bar mount bust out the trusty welder and make that bitch fit
I do enjoy having something a little out of the norm. Ditto on the jeep. I like them fine but you truly can by every piece out of a catalog to build one from scratch.

That can be good in some ways ways but means every jeep on the trail/ road is almost the same

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
People talk a lot of crap about the TTB in general but I'm pretty sure it's THE strongest IFS you can get under a truck.

I always thought the Ranger was a plenty capable truck, comes with a lot of good bits & pieces...not the fastest thing on the road but it doesn't need to be.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals