• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tranny stickin, o/d lite flashin

Wrench_87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02' ranger fx4
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
first the basics,

2002 ford ranger fx4, 4.0L with auto o/d. 130,000 miles

Last night when accelerating on the freeway the truck kicked outta overdrive wound up to about 4500rpm, i pulled over and no signs of bleeding from the rear seal or anywhere else for that matter. started her back up and drove off like nothin happened. the light has come on twice since but i still have the ability to turn the o/d on or off. she only started flashing when starting on an incline also.:annoyed:

I've heard that it could be either the tcc solenoid or a gasket above the valve body. Anybody out there got an idea on what could be the cause? any help is appreciated. thanks:icon_thumby:

---update, took my tool box out of the back and the problem went away.? the bands be loose or is it just waitin to crap out at the worst time?

Last edited:

Wrench_87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02' ranger fx4
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
any body got any tips on swappin the auto for a manual...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals