• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Torque app

WarHawk-AVG

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Semper Fi
Ever have a stupid check engine light come on and then have some yutz at the auto parts store go into a long schpeel on what the code is and what you can "BUY" to fix it?

How would you like to have MORE diagnostic tools in your hand than any of those dinglewaffles could even fathom? How about having it for LESS than $20?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

In conjunction with a $12 bluetooth OBDII module...you now can see in REAL TIME every sensor your car gets data from

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1042406-elm327-bluetooth-obd2-v15-car-diagnostic-tool

Just plug this into the OBDII port on your car (that odd looking plugin usually below the steering wheel in your car) get this app on your phone...go ahead and drop the $5~ for the PRO version...it has SOOOOO much more available to it than the free one...but for basic...the free does ALOT!

Connect w/ bluetooth to the adapter from your phone...and pow...instantly see if anything is either not working or working out of specification that is throwing the code.

Just though you techy folks might enjoy this if you didn't already know

See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* MPG
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dashcommand is a good app too, $10.

My brother has it, been getting around to getting the wireless adaptor myself.

Codes are no big deal, I can pull them with my tuner. :icon_twisted: The realtime stuff is neat though.

GetItMuddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
No expectations, no regrets.
Love my TorqueAPP.
Have had it about a year now and can look at almost any vehicle. Got it for my 03 diesel but also use it on my 99 Taurus, 98 sable, moms 01 dodge 1500, sisters 06 Buick Rendezvous, neighbors Hundai Santa Fe and a couple others. Love th real time info and code clearing ability. Good stuff I tell ya!. Doesn't do a damned thing for my 87 Bronco or 88 Ranger. No OBDII.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
yep, I love it as well. I went and splurged and bought the paid version of it. cost about 5 bucks. I have a BAFX bluetooth adapter, cost me about 25 on Amazon.

Money well spent!

AJ

03ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just be warned that this method only lets you read powertrain codes. Granted even pricier obd readers dont always read abs codes, but for 60 to 70 bucks you can find one that does

Found that very annoying.... my dads 2003 ranger had the abs light on, torque says "No fualt codes in ecu"

My 2002 chevy s10 had its abs light on, torque says "C0000" as a fault code. That code means nothing... it basically acknowledged there was a chassis code set, but doesnt tell you any more.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals