• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

tire fitment please help asap

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys thanks for helping
i got a set of tires 33x12.5x15 tires for 50 bucks in decent shape so i wanna slap them on.i have the stock rims from a 88 ranger they are 15x7
i have a 2 inch spacer lift in the front and also have 2 inch blocks and add a leafs in the back.and i have a 3 inch body lift aswell.
so here the q will they fit? how can i make them fit if they dont
? i would like to mount them tomorrow
please help
thanks guys
ryan

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
should have enough clearance, but i don't think the wheels will be quite wide enough for 12.5 tire. 5.5" difference between the wheel width and tire width is quite a lot really, imho.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hmm yeah thats what i was worried about anyone else.im really hoping that it will be okay?

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
yeah? that would be great..how hard are they going to be to mount? or will it be easy

strvger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
some shops won't mount them with that big of difference in width. otherwise, they will mount just like any other tire really. watch your tire pressures carefully so you get even tread wear. kinda tricky with your wheel/tire combo. there are manufacturer recommended maximum tire size for a given wheel width. you might have to shop around for a shop that will do it if you do't know someone already.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
na lolol im gonna do them myself im a mechanic i will put them on at work.what kind of psi do u think i should throw in there?

strvger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
all you can do is air them up so they look flat on the street surface and just drive them checking for wear fairly often till you find the right pressure. lots depends on the weight of your truck, and how well those tires/wheels balance out. good luck with them. :icon_thumby:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have 2" body lift plus a 2" spring shim like yours.When I put 10.5 33's on mine had to trim the front and the back of the bottom of the fenders.Plus I needed to take the inner fender and zip ty it to the frame for more clearance at full lock.What I did to the fender is measured out at the bottom 1 1/2 inches with a straight edge drew a line to where it lined up nicely to the top curve put a small slit in the top behind where it rolls up behind.Then you straiten the roll behind out flat trim it off and rebend it to your previously made line and if you do it carefully it looks like the same fender only wider at the bottom which looks better to me anyway.

About the wheels try it and if it dosn't work there not welded on find 8" like I think you'll need.

Last edited:

Brandino

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
to be quite honest you need wider wheels for a 12.5 a min of 8 inches wide i have would at Costco tire shop for 4 years now and if you run the 15x7 seven it will wear out the edges of the tire faster then the center

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
the tires dont rub at all perfect fit.as for the wearing out not worried about it got the tires for 50 bucks for all four

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals