• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The prick previous owner thread.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Both my Ranger and my Laser had the factory stereos in them, both had hacked wiring.

Apparently the tightwads wanted to keep their aftermarket radios and swapped them back when they wanted to sell. :annoyed:
I guess that makes me a tightwad. I took the stereo and speakers back out of my Ranger when I sold it. I work with the guy I sold it to, and he only listens to stupid political shows anyway. Would have been a waste for him. He was excited it had a tape player, lol.

Sent from a Commodore 64 using a 300 baud modem

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I guess that makes me a tightwad. I took the stereo and speakers back out of my Ranger when I sold it. I work with the guy I sold it to, and he only listens to stupid political shows anyway. Would have been a waste for him. He was excited it had a tape player, lol.

:icon_rofl: WIN for everybody.....!

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my radio that i took out of mine was rigged..so i just rigged the new one in like that..i'll fix it eventually. i'd rather have 4x4 first.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Somebody did a complete brake job in the past. They didnt grease the bleeders or replace the rear brake hardware. Then the PO parked it under a tree for a year. When a line let go , I had to replace all the brakes again. Funny thing was the brakes worked OK, but when I started getting into stuff, they crumbled.

Last edited:

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For some reason the PO disconnected the relay for the power outlet to turn on only when the key is on, also the power outlet was unplugged when i got it the connector was just hanging about 2 inches away....
Looks like the PO tried to a do it yourself bondo job on the right rear fender, cracked and very wavy also doesnt blend into the good stuff either.
Swapped out a bucket seat for half of a bench seat on the drivers side and took the center console out.
Some how broke the button off of the damn gear selector its a pain in the butt i still cant find a button!
Oh and also never cleaned the damn thing im still vacuuming dog hair out of the back seats.

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks like the PO tried to a do it yourself bondo job on the right rear fender, cracked and very wavy also doesnt blend into the good stuff either.......
......Oh and also never cleaned the damn thing im still vacuuming dog hair out of the back seats.
Let's see, fender damage & fur inside truck.......Are you sure it didn't end up hitting a deer ??

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Let's see, fender damage & fur inside truck.......Are you sure it didn't end up hitting a deer ??
lol never thought of that one but i think there would be more damage if the PO managed to slide sideways into a deer when he damaged the rear fender but hey you never know!

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
when i bought my mustang, it has a pos stereo in it, worked just fine, but it was poor quality, so i bought a decent one from a pawn shop, took it home, tried to install it myself, not sure what happened, but i couldn't get it in, so i took it, half installed, to a electronics store, asked the guy to do it for me... the wires that went to all the speakers, had electrical tape splices between the door and the body, so when he was installing the deck, he would try it, the stereo would turn on and "one of the speakers would short out" and the deck would turn back off...

so after replacing 5 fuses that were apparently blown in the car (did not know this before hand) and re-running the wire to 3 of the 6 speakers, he gives up, says he can't get it to stay on for more than 1 second... but because it's not working, he won't charge me anything... i think him, hop in and drive away, listening to music... what i later figured out, who ever had installed the previous deck had changed the accessory power wire to key on power... the installer from the electronics store had been trying it in the acc position, and getting a flicker of power, turns on for 1 second and back off...

same car, when coming back from the test drive (private sale) i heard a crunch in the suspension, when going over a small bump/hill asked what it was, i was told a bushing was worn out on the top of the strut... after buying it, found out it was a broken swaybar end link, the two halfs had hit eachother and made the noise... $20 in parts and it was fixed...

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
same car, when coming back from the test drive (private sale) i heard a crunch in the suspension, when going over a small bump/hill asked what it was, i was told a bushing was worn out on the top of the strut... after buying it, found out it was a broken swaybar end link, the two halfs had hit eachother and made the noise... $20 in parts and it was fixed...
The factory end links are garbage. I'll venture a guess that it broke between where the two bushings go in the control arm.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I guess that makes me a tightwad. I took the stereo and speakers back out of my Ranger when I sold it. I work with the guy I sold it to, and he only listens to stupid political shows anyway. Would have been a waste for him. He was excited it had a tape player, lol
I rerigged the stock radio in my Laser when I sold it. :icon_twisted:

lol never thought of that one but i think there would be more damage if the PO managed to slide sideways into a deer when he damaged the rear fender but hey you never know!
Deer can do quite a bit of damage when they run into the side of a vehicle too. :icon_thumby:

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Oh and also never cleaned the damn thing im still vacuuming dog hair out of the back seats.
Use duct tape wrapped around your hand sticky side out. :icon_thumby:

The PO of my truck apparently never cleaned in the inside in the 8 years he owned it. I thought I had a tan interior, after multiple, multiple cleanings I find out that i have a grey interior :icon_surprised: And I could never get the carpet to look clean so I just ripped it out.

Oh and he said he was going to take his good stereo with him but he'd put another one in for me. Well, when I pick up the truck the stereo was just sitting in the massive hole in the dash. Not wired up, no dash adapter , no wiring adapter. It didn't even had the pig tail off the back of the stereo! I had to drive to every car audio shop in my city looking for one, finally a guy sold me a spare out of his tool box. Worked fine after I got it wired up, and put in a dash adapter. There was also a Bon Jovi CD in the stereo from when he last used it. That went into the garbage.

Last edited:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
when i hit play on my stereo in my mustang, i found out there was a metallica cd in it... and justice for all i believe...

shane, it was broken right about halfway actually...

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oddly enough mine wasn't a prick. Just spilled coffee everywhere... but what do you want for the crappy center console and a stick shift? Probly didn't help he used it for hunting.

Laziness made him not replace the driverside radius arm bushing when it went. Reamed itself a nice hole which i had to fill in and grind to match the pass side on the crossmember.

EDIT: and he sold me the truck with an unknown box of bushings. Had advance run the PN and its rad arm bushings...

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
In my opinion, I saved my Mustang from a slow and painful death. Dang near anything that's wrong with it cosmetically was already done when I bought it (by the PO's son)nearly 18 years ago. One of these days I need to find the guy I bought it from and show it to him. He only sold it because he was soon to have two kids under 18 on his insurance.

........... I wonder if he still lives in the same place??

when i hit play on my stereo in my mustang, i found out there was a metallica cd in it... and justice for all i believe...
Bonus. Right before their music went to hell in a hand basket (although I do like the black album a bit).

jhammel85

Oh Previous Owners..........

I had good luck in the past with my cars but not with this ranger. Heres my list. I've fixed all of these correctly:

Wood on the floor to make up for missing padding (very, very solid floorpans, thankfully)

All the sealant imaginable on the y pipe to cat flange

Blue gasket maker as seam sealer in cetain rust prone areas in the firewall

a mountain of putty that makes up the back fenders (knew this when I bought it)

STAPLES in the radiator hoses inbetween the notches on the clamps. To hold it on???!

Wrong hose used on the transmission cooler lines.

No clips in the fuel filter

Melted coil pig tail. Just used quick connects and shoved them in there. Nice huh?

Ground wire removed from diagnostic plug so the fuel pumps run full time with key on. Did not run for two seconds to prime and shut off.

...and I think that's it. Lets hope there isn't more looming somewhere in that truck. It's been a reliable 3 years with it except for the mishaps caused by the previous owner.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals