• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The new 2011 BOSS 302 Mustang is being previewed on Speed Channel Now!

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wached it last night.............SWEEEEEET!

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I don't know, it was more of an infomercial. And kept repeating itself.:sad:

Richard

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't know, it was more of an infomercial. And kept repeating itself.:sad:

Richard
As far as infomercials go, it was one of the better ones I have seen...

They had one about Roush a year or two ago, it was a lot better. They got more into what they did to improve it over the basic Mustang.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I was bored after about 15 min. into the show!!! Blew chow and the cats all had hairballs...informercial to the extreme!!!!!! You can only get so much hp out of a 302 motor...why not update the block to add more cubes? Now...that would be sweet....360 maybe like the old days when Ford had a bunch of motors to pick from in almost all their cars and trucks.

You know..I still like the 60's, 70's and the 80's mustangs more so then the newer generations. Just more of a real car feel for me since I owned all three decades of the cars. I really liked them. My best stang was my 86 GT 302 Fox Body...it was not stock, and it was so light and just a rocket on 4 wheels. Had a great top end and handled really great.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They did update the block, that is why it isn't a 4.6 anymore.

My brothers normal '11 GT is rated at 400 and some odd hp, throwing more power at it won't help much, it can barely contain what it has. Just a tune makes crazy power with the variable cams, and blower kits are just now starting to come out for them as well. Not that is underpowered by an means originally, you can leave two black marks as long as you care (at $300 a tire it doesn't take long to care).

The Boss 302 (like the original) is set up for road racing and high-rpm running. So they just set up the 5.0 to run at extended periods at high RPM and reworked the suspension to improve handling. It isn't meant to contend with the caveman-with-a-club GT-500.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
They did update the block, that is why it isn't a 4.6 anymore.

My brothers normal '11 GT is rated at 400 and some odd hp, throwing more power at it won't help much, it can barely contain what it has. Just a tune makes crazy power with the variable cams, and blower kits are just now starting to come out for them as well. Not that is underpowered by an means originally, you can leave two black marks as long as you care (at $300 a tire it doesn't take long to care).

The Boss 302 (like the original) is set up for road racing and high-rpm running. So they just set up the 5.0 to run at extended periods at high RPM and reworked the suspension to improve handling. It isn't meant to contend with the caveman-with-a-club GT-500.
That is crazy!! My 86 was putting out over 400 hp after I reworked it and made the injection sytem better the the upgrades I did to it and I port and polished everything that could be. The highlift cam that was put in and the true freeflow exhaust system and header set up made for a wicked sound and much true hp as well. Mine was lowered and it was a lot ligher car then they are now. Ford needs to take off the FAT from the stangs and make them a car I would like to own again. I do love mustangs!!!! Just not happy with the newer ones like.....I was expecting more from Ford and a lighter beast as well.

Here is a photo of my 86 GT back in late 1987 at the One Lap of Florida
Road Rally:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No offense or anything, but even compared to the original Mustang a fox is a tiny car. They really are not much different in size than a Focus.

The current Mustang is also still the lightest in the linup, has the Camaro beat by a couple hundred lbs, and the Challenger beat by a couple hundred more yet.

Another thing you have to admit, the newer ones are a lot safer/stronger than the older ones too.

Last edited:

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet ride, I had an 81 GT.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
No offense or anything, but even compared to the original Mustang a fox is a tiny car. They really are not much different in size than a Focus.

The current Mustang is also still the lightest in the linup, has the Camaro beat by a couple hundred lbs, and the Challenger beat by a couple hundred more yet.

Another thing you have to admit, the newer ones are a lot safer/stronger than the older ones too.
No offence taken, Bro. Sure, old against new....but I have driven the newer stangs 09,10, and 11 and I liked the power of the GT but it is just a way too heavy feeling for me. I had a better view of what is around me in the older stangs then the new ones I drove. The 11 GT my wife and I drove last month was just a bit ackward to see out of and I did not like that. I want to see more of what is around me while on the road with all theses crazy idiot drivers. Ford needs to let me help out with the design...maybe I can make it safer....lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The stuff that really blocks the view on my brothers was optional. The front scoop, biggish rear spoiler and rear side louvers. Ditch that and I think it would be about the same as any other car, the problem is the stuff looks so good on there though...

I am used to wall to wall glass and huge mirrors from my trucks, so it is hard for a car of any kind to impress me for outside visability.

Personally I would love to get a 94-95 5.0 to play around with. Between the two of us we would have the omega and alpha of the different 5.0's. :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals