• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Garands are cheap somewhere? :icon_confused:
Don't think I seen one for under $1300 up here, in any condition, in the last few years.

Apparently the South Korean ones, and parts, might be heading here(some anyways) since Obama turned them down.

Rumours are flying.

One more piece, not in my possession yet, in the mail on it's way to me is a 20ga H&R tamer with the normal stock installed:

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Unless it was used as a war club they start at about a grand and go up around here.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
These guns are mostly stupid, and I used guns for a living for 10 years.

But that Kingsley quote is brilliant, so I think if it makes you look forward to waking up the next day, it's a good thing.

I don't know the quality of the H&R side-by-side, but I have messed with their Pardner pump-gun and those are the crappiest things I've ever shot. They feel like pipe wrenches. Shoot okay, but just loose and nasty.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It looks a lot like a single shot which is a pretty nice USA made gun.

Their pumps/semi-autos are made by somebody overseas (Turkey maybe?) and they put their name on them. I have played with them and pipe wrench fit and finish is about right.

I have an H&R Sidekick .50cal muzzleloader, I like it.

Last edited:

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It looks a lot like a single shot which is a pretty nice USA made gun.
Yep. Never seen a bad review of one, so it's the brand I went with.

Now, I had a picture of a Norinco jw105, and this is how it looks now:

Shooting factory winchester ammo, the POS blew up in my face! I only got a minor cut from it, but pretty much every part on the rifle is damaged. The receiver cracked, and the barrel moved slightly forward.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Garands are cheap somewhere? :icon_confused:
You used to be able to get them for around $400 from the civilian marksmanship program. I got mine for free, but they are running $1000 + everywhere else.

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thursday my neighbor called and said lets go shooting. Opening day for deer was this morning. I don't hunt but went with him just to make some noise. Took my Mini-30 that I have shot many times and the new Judge I bought over the Summer. Quite impressed with the Judge and the different rounds I tried. Not as much kick with the 45 cal as I thought. The birdshot is worthless. For in the home use, I see it idea. I know some of you like a 12 gauge but in the middle of the night, a short gun going down a dark hallway is the way. The buck shot would clear the hallway with no problem. Even the 45 LC surprised me in how well it did at 25-30 ft. Shooting anyone farther than that may not be considered self defense.
Dave

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It all depends on the layout of your house and what your plan of action is.

For me, I keep coming back the shotgun. It is a one stop shop, it will make just about anything that will bother me go away. (most of my irritations run on 4 legs)

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thursday my neighbor called and said lets go shooting. Opening day for deer was this morning. I don't hunt but went with him just to make some noise. Took my Mini-30 that I have shot many times and the new Judge I bought over the Summer. Quite impressed with the Judge and the different rounds I tried. Not as much kick with the 45 cal as I thought. The birdshot is worthless. For in the home use, I see it idea. I know some of you like a 12 gauge but in the middle of the night, a short gun going down a dark hallway is the way. The buck shot would clear the hallway with no problem. Even the 45 LC surprised me in how well it did at 25-30 ft. Shooting anyone farther than that may not be considered self defense.
Dave
It all depends on the layout of your house and what your plan of action is.

For me, I keep coming back the shotgun. It is a one stop shop, it will make just about anything that will bother me go away. (most of my irritations run on 4 legs)
I like the shotgun strategy. Besides, without advanced training, it is highly recommended that you do not try to clear a house yourself at night. Best to sit and wait for them to come to you. Plus you get the bonus: nothing says "Get the !@#$%^&* out of my house!!" like a 12 gauge being racked.:headbang:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ruger American 30-06 with a Redfield Revenge AccuRanger 3x9-40 scope. The cheekpad was a freebie when you registered the warrenty, apparently they must have a bunch of extras because a few months after I called it in I got another in the mail (which is on my 91/30)

The Accu-Ranger has a built in rangefinder of sorts. It is neat in concept anyway, can't wait to try it out.

Three of my favorite features. 70* bolt throw clears the scope with ease, user adjustable trigger and tang mounted safety.

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
So I wanted to get a mosin for my dad because cabela's had a sale going on for 20% off everything, and mosins were $130 at the time which would have made them around 100 bucks, but being cabela's they raised the prices to $150....

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
time for another update fellers. finally got the little device i sent in my paperwork for just at a year ago (thanks to the ATF). we can hunt with them now in NC. rifle weighs 14.8 pounds with it now, unloaded.

found a guy on ebay that sold 1/2x28 thread adapters so i can use it on my AR too. cant wait to try this little bastard out. maybe this weekend.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wow this thread finally died... Guess it's time to revive it!

I got a "new gun" and a huge surprise about a half hour ago. My parents dropped by and gave me a gun that I never though I'd own again.

It's not likely that anyone remembers, and I'm not going to dig through the thread to find the post but a little over a year ago several guns were stolen from my dad's house. One of them was a limited production .44 mag Taurus Tracker with a 6.5" barrel (4.5" was max for normal production). Well about two hours ago the PD in their city caught a gang banger that happened to be carrying my revolver, and they wanted to return it ASAP.

Amazingly it still had the same bullets that were in it when it was taken. It's a little more beat up and scuffed than before, but it's stainless and a woods gun so finish isn't compromised and cosmetics don't matter too much. Looks like someone dropped it over the past year the rear sight is obviously not right, so it'll either have to be adjusted or replaced, but that just means more shooting right.

Possibly the best part of it is that if this gun was still in the area, chances are the rest of them are as well. If the guy starts talking more of them might turn up, and possibly lead back to the bastard that was doing the break ins in the area.

My week is made!

FWIW I've also added a Taurus 992 revolver and a Jard 22 ar-15 upper since my last post. The Taurus 992 is the 9 shot .22 LR / .22 mag, it's stainless with 4" barrel. The Jard is exactly what it sounds like. I'm now on the hunt for a 6.8 SPC upper for my AR, want to hunt with it this year and would like a little heavier bullet than .223 supports. Since my dad has a 6.8 upper it goes to the top of the list, nice having common cartridges.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just hyped right now! Damn this has been a good day!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals