• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The GMC Terrain advertisement scores one for GM

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My wife wanted a new SUV to replace her 1998 Exploder she had since new. Saw the GMC Terrain ad at the top of the page and I saw some promise. We went to the local dealer and we test drove one of the loaded ones with everything in it, great driving 4 banger SUV to say the least.
I told her I would pay half of the $32,000 if I get to drive it when I wanted to.......why not. It knocks the stuffing out of the Escape we looked at......of course it's thousands more but if you are going to spend a ton of money on a new vehicle buy what you want.
The displays are way over the top compared to my new Ranger but some women want all kinds of shit that they will never use.
Nice vehicle and it should get darn near double the fuel mileage of the Exploder.
Going 85 feels like 55 mph......I know she'll be rung up by the FHP soon enough.

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
goddam those FHP, i feel like i'm dodging them and pasco sheriff's dept. everytime i go down US 19.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
fhp = florida highway patrol

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
ah, thank you. I might have figured that out 12 hours ago, but it is very much past my bed time.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
GMC Terrain FTL...I think they're ugly as sin...then again, GM did sell a few Aztek's back in the day...

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
goddam those FHP, i feel like i'm dodging them and pasco sheriff's dept. everytime i go down US 19.

Until after New Years there is a No mercy policy by local and state police. Better have your seat belt on and keep to 52 in a 45 and 78 in a 70....no more.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
GMC Terrain FTL...I think they're ugly as sin...then again, GM did sell a few Aztek's back in the day...
The GMC Terrain darn sure isn't traditional old school in it's looks but on the road it is a great riding little crossover.
You are bashing the Aztek????? Come on man, it was the Official Pace car of the 2001 Daytona 500....it led quite a few laps that day.:icon_cheers:

[/IMG]

Last edited:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Crossovers :bad:

My thoughts exactly. If your going to get a car, then get a car. If your going to get a SUV, then get an SUV. To each his own though. I just think they are all ugly as hell.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
Until after New Years there is a No mercy policy by local and state police. Better have your seat belt on and keep to 52 in a 45 and 78 in a 70....no more.
78 in a 70 ? no wonder people were getting pissed when i was doing 74 in the 70 on I95 , but what would they do to simeone with NY plates doing that speed ?

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
78 in a 70 ? no wonder people were getting pissed when i was doing 74 in the 70 on I95 , but what would they do to simeone with NY plates doing that speed ?

We have an abundance of NYC transplant, non english speaking ghetto trash moving to Florida and believe me clean cut drivers won't get pulled over but PRs are always stopped for the fart cannon exhaust tips.
I am not down on all new Yorkers.....I was born in and raised in Watertown NY. We don't consider Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island part of NY.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My thoughts exactly. If your going to get a car, then get a car. If your going to get a SUV, then get an SUV. To each his own though. I just think they are all ugly as hell.
She wanted it so we got it......we have 4 chocolate Labs and a car would not get it done plus 22/32 mpg epa ratings was a big plus.
If gas was $1 a gallon I would get a Suburban, but who knows when the towel heads and oil speculators will jack the fuel prices up to $4 a gallon again. Sometimes you have to think with your head and not with adrenaline.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
We have an abundance of NYC transplant, non english speaking ghetto trash moving to Florida and believe me clean cut drivers won't get pulled over but PRs are always stopped for the fart cannon exhaust tips.
I am not down on all new Yorkers.....I was born in and raised in Watertown NY. We don't consider Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island part of NY.
that is the truth :headbang:

i am from up between rochester and buffalo

and i would be kinda worried , 19 , in a bright red ranger , with NY plates , i will stick to my just over , oh well if they get pissed at me on 95

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals