• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

That one reeaalllyyy slow build

duck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So as the title says this is going to be a really slow build because i have 3 vehicles and im just finishing up my junior in high school. Ive got the ranger which was my first vehicle. This has been the best one by far, it has survived mud, water crossings, rocks, deep snow excursions, and jumps that where just not okay for a little stock ranger. It just keeps going and going so i guess its time to build it bigger and better. Heres my DD 2002 ford f150 fx4 its got 35x,xxx miles but i havent had any problems with it so ill just run it till it dies.

Here my baby

'95 gt few mods nothing to crazy YET. building it towards autocross.
Here is the ranger from when i got it. It looks like a piece of shit and it really probably is but i really havent had any problems with it so i dont care what people think of it.

It got a few changes while i had it.

This was fitting 33x14.50-16s with a 2'' lift on stock 1995 mustang gt wheels.
This was so i could go play with the big boys at the offroad park.

Exploded a front hub on the trail to get to the actual park so i didnt even get to wheel it :sad:
Some guy in a bigass tube chassis buggy let us ride along with him for a while. i have pics somewhere but cant find them right now.
So yeah, i have two jobs during the school year to keep all this shit up and running and in the summer i work full time at a body shop.

duck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Heres a few pics of stuff i did to catch you up to where i am now on it.
First i got some little 31s

Bedlined the stock wheels, this turned out great.

Needed valve cover gaskets so i decided to paint these up while i was in there.

Im sure everybody here will just love the chevy orange but IMHO its a color not a motor. i would never put a chevy motor in a ford vehicle or the other way around.
Got a LSD for $50

Did some audio stuff so i could jam out.

Got the random urge to chop my seat one day, I know have some imitation leather racing bucket seats to throw in. When i have half doors or no doors they will be easier to clean.
After this things start to get more serious...

duck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Apparently forgot the pic of the seat... :dunno:

So this was trimming for the big 33's

That tape line is how much i cut off the bumper.
To fit the 33's in the back i lifted it 2'' to be even with the front again, it was already leveled.

You can see my exhaust in that pic, it is a thrown together piece of shit but it scares small children animals and some women so im happy with it. There is no cats or mufflers.
These came home with me one day for $200

started tearing um apart for new paint and new everything.

The chevy paint scheme continues :D

duck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What are peoples opinions on carb vs. FI. I have heard a few good things about some of the offroad carbs and i want my rig to be super simple. But then again i dont want my truck dieing while trying to do a hill climb. Ive decided to do 302 on this and could go carb or fuel injected. i have these already but this is alot of wiring i dont want.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you are EFI stay EFI.

If you are carb and do crazy off kilter or rough off roading convert to EFI.

Pish slow moving my foot... I have been working on mine since I was a sophomore in high school... in 2000.

Clean '02 and '95. Someone must live down south. I have babied my '02 and cancer is starting to kick in. :fie: I would love a 94-95 Mustang... ain't happening anytime soon. :bawling:

duck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So i picked up another front axle this weekend, i needed radius arms and stuff so for 200 bucks i figured why not. I got gt40 heads for it and will be getting my block in the next few weeks. if it is what the guy says it is it is one of the 70s blocks with the thick webbing so we'll see. Im probably going to run the edelbrock intake on my mustang and just get an explorer intake or continue with the carb route on this.
I also started drilling out spot welds on the inner fenders so i can do tubular for more room in there.
Has anybody tried the ebay special fuel cells? $100 bucks is kind of sketchy cheap but i got an ebay cai for the mustang for $40 and other than the filter which i changed it is actually decent...
I have 2 days of school left so on thursday ill be back to my 50 hour weeks :yahoo:
Pics tommorow since ive been super caught up in school lately.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals