• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thank god (or buddah or whoever) for friends!

FlyinRyan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
So I'm driving home from school today after just dropping my buddy off at his '89 B2 and noticed my steering got a little sloppy and my brakes seemed soft.
I pulled over to take a look and didn't see anything, figured it was just me overthinking something.
Pull back out and hit 50kph and the truck starts shuddering and shaking violently, pull over again and call my buddy who I just dropped off, he turns around to help me out and give it another look. As it turns out my passenger side tie-rod had seperated and was being held on by the rubber... fun stuff.
My buddy drives me around town to the parts store and back to my place so I can grab my tools and head back in my second vehicle.
Not ten minutes after I get back to my stranded truck does he show up, unnanounced, to help me out some more. And boy, did I need his help!

I'm sure plenty of you have all had something similar happen to you, or maybe you were the friend. If you're ever in doubt of the state of the world, a story like this should make you remember that there are good people around:icon_cheers:

Attachments

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Friends like that don't come into our lives very often. Cherish you time.
I used to get by and high with those friends, some of them moved on and are missed. Consider yourself lucky.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said :yahoo:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yep... not many people will help you when you need help-- but they expect you to be there when they need help

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you ask a friend if he needs help he thinks your being polite.If you show up with your work gloves on where you know he's going to be then he thinks you want to help.I was showed this by a good friend.The best thing to do is pass this forward to another friend the results are excellent.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals