• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tera Flex Revolving shackles

redneckracerx

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
first gens
Make / Model
Ford right?
Engine Size
anything but stock
Transmission
Manual
I had them on my bronco2 for about 6 months. They flex ALOT! They will really let the axle droop from the truck which is great for slow relatively flat wheeling. If you do any type of hill climbing or steep decents these will make your handling spooky at best. They will unload and the rear end will come up. This will also happen on hard braking if you're still street driving your truck. I personaly won't use them again. But as they say "your results will vary"...

that sounds like signature material...

badblue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i was going to use them but my truck wa bulldoging with them on

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had them on my bronco2 for about 6 months. They flex ALOT! They will really let the axle droop from the truck which is great for slow relatively flat wheeling. If you do any type of hill climbing or steep decents these will make your handling spooky at best. They will unload and the rear end will come up. This will also happen on hard braking if you're still street driving your truck. I personaly won't use them again. But as they say "your results will vary"...

Ok, so from what I can see, you were impressed with the amount of droop. This is a good thing. You also say that they unload going up a hill. Now, I was thinking of using them on just the rear (seeing as the front is still coils) I'm not too sure if your saying you had them on the front also... or that due to the use of them on the rear, they would allow the rear to unload under heavy loads. I can understand the stopping part... it only makes sense. But if your saying the rear end would literally walk under the truck, then maybe this isn't for me. All I'm trying to do is get the thing flexing a little better. :icon_confused:

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
the flex they give you is useless. By they time they drop the weight has been taken off the rear axle, which means no traction with no weight. Not to mention Ive seen some very easy hills and ledges become almost disastrous with revolvers.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
They're super-duper if you're building a ramp queen.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, so from what I can see, you were impressed with the amount of droop. This is a good thing. You also say that they unload going up a hill. Now, I was thinking of using them on just the rear (seeing as the front is still coils) I'm not too sure if your saying you had them on the front also... or that due to the use of them on the rear, they would allow the rear to unload under heavy loads. I can understand the stopping part... it only makes sense. But if your saying the rear end would literally walk under the truck, then maybe this isn't for me. All I'm trying to do is get the thing flexing a little better. :icon_confused:
We need to sit down and set you straight. How are your stock shackles? I've got some extended ones I'd trade you for good stock ones.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If you're going to run them you need a panhard rod to control side motion of the axle.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ahhhh... I see the issue now with the rear weight. With all the weight up front on a Ranger, having more flex in the rear is counter productive. I should be looking at the front if I want more flex. And here I thought I was on to an easy fix. Seems there is nothing easy in this world anymore.... except my ex. LMAO!

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
They're super-duper if you're building a ramp queen.
Only thing they are good for. Total waste of money. ANother thing that sounded good until I saw them in action ON THE TRAIL, not on the ramp.

351ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 ranger 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
All the worry about flex for what? Wheel the bastard quit worrying about flexing.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Flex is quite helpful. As the saying goes... slow and steady wins the race.

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Flex is quite helpful. As the saying goes... slow and steady wins the race.
Ive already said it but the "flex" they give you doesnt matter. They only open up when theres no weight on them, so you get flex but not traction. Aka they are a waste of money.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I hear you... and that's why I'm looking down different avenues. One can have all the flex in the world... but if no power is being put to the ground it's all a waste of money. I wonder... if I was to make my truck articulate in the middle..... JUST PULLIN YER LEG!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals