• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Swap Ranger 2011 4.0L engine into B4000 99

cauhcons

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hi,

correct this if its wrong,

I read that you can swap an 03 engine in a 98 with no big modification needed :you need to use your old upper intake, wiring harness, cam sensor, old fuel rail (including your old injectors), old exhaust manifolds, old EGR valve, bracket, and pipes

ECU '97-'03 will all interchange. Some things are different in all of these years. Most are minor. Don't change out your ECU.

You can save some time if you use your old valve covers if not you have to deal with: The coil pack, upper radiator hose, PCV valve(s) , spark plug wires/mounts, DPFE sensor, and the main electrical harness connector bracket. If you use your old valve covers all of these will match up as on the old engine.

The cam sensor, oil pressure sender, and block ground appear to be the only sensors/connectors you’ll need to use from the older engine. use all the sensors from the newer engine except for these three.

You need to use your old heater hose bracket/coupling.

Do you know if we can swap a ‘11 to a 99 and that it would be the exact same thing you have to deal with, since the engine '03 are nearly the same as '11

99 ECU is still interchangeable with an '11?

can i use my 99 5 speed manual tranny with the newer engine?

thanks

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I would try to do this like a gen1 4.0 swap. Take everything. Take engine, wiring, computer, dash, ect. The 99 was still the pushrod 4.0 and the 11 was a SOHC. The OHV to SOHC swap has been done before, by SnoRanger, but it will probably work best if you take everything.

cauhcons

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Bump
I got an answer from adsm08! thank to him ;)

But his solution is the most expensive, my try would be to do it with a little budget.

Do you think it can be done with the slight modification a said before?

May be someone did it sine my post is old!

Thank you

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals