• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

street ranger-long or short bed?

dgarner08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
if any of you were going to put a 302 in a ranger for a DD would you want a long bed or a short bed? are there any benefit to having one as opposed to the other?
let the opinions flow:icon_twisted:

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
depends on what ur building the truck todo, if u want a bad ass corner shreader then a short bed ranger is king, if u want a monster in the straight line then a properly setup longbed will transfer more weight to the rear wheels for better traction, but then again both can be setup perfectly todo either very well, i feel its all personal preference

dgarner08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
long beds are just easier to come by and i still need a truck to serve as a truck. i want to use it as a dd but still be able to haul my ATV around and be able to stomp unsuspecting Chevy's into the ground whenever needed.
how does the truck being a long bed make it hook up better?
thanks

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
long beds are just easier to come by and i still need a truck to serve as a truck. i want to use it as a dd but still be able to haul my ATV around and be able to stomp unsuspecting Chevy's into the ground whenever needed.
how does the truck being a long bed make it hook up better?
thanks

if setup properly you can have more weight transfer for better traction, with shortbeds u dont have as much weight to shift to the back wheels, but with what u want todo a long bed would be ideal, as im currently in the process of getting my old ranger back to put everything from it under my current longbed....pics will be up soon, just as soon as i sell all my other shit off the truck will be brought home and the grafting will begin

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals