• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spring Code on Door Label

absentminded102

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I need a new set of coil springs on the front of my 95, 4.0L, 4x4 Ranger. On the door label, the spring code is "BM X". I've never seen a 3 digit axle code. Anyone know what the ford part number is that I need? I would even appreciate it if you have the same year/setup as mine and tell me your axle code. Thanks in advance.

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so do you need front coils ?

absentminded102

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I wish I would have proofread my question... I need coil springs on the front of my extended cab STX Ranger. The spring code on the door label is 3 digits (BM X) I've only ever noticed 2 digit spring codes. The first digit is for front springs, second digit is for rear springs. I have a shop manual that gives part numbers of coil springs for both the B digit and the M digit. I'm not sure which I need. I would like to go with the one that will carry the most weight because I would like to eventually put an Explorer 5.0L in it. I was hoping someone else had the same setup and year model as mine with a 2 digit code, or the part number of the strongest coil spring for my truck. Thanks for the link Alwaysfloored

absentminded102

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Just did some digging around and found on another forum that if there is a 3 digit spring code, the middle digit is ignored. Couldn't find any info elsewhere to confirm if this is true. Any of you guys know?

kjmclark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Ever figure this out?

If it's any consolation, I have a '96 (XLT, supercab, 4x4, 4.0L V6) with the same code. Not just you.

Near as I can tell, it is just a 'B' code for the front and an 'X' code for the rear springs. That's what all the parts places seem to come up with.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals