• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spring Break...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I think spring break should be the name of a new event for couples to celebrate their love.

Just hop on that mattress together and make those springs break with a good healthy romp in the sack...

The drugs are finally leaving my system...:popcorn: :yahoo: :icon_thumby:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have seen some cars go on spring break.

One time I watched the rear spring (it was really a whole strut) break right through the tower on a Mystake when the tech sat in the driver's seat. It had more to do with the crappy condition of the car, but it was funny because the guy working on it was fat.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have seen some cars go on spring break.

One time I watched the rear spring (it was really a whole strut) break right through the tower on a Mystake when the tech sat in the driver's seat. It had more to do with the crappy condition of the car, but it was funny because the guy working on it was fat.
I went out to eat last friday at noon and there was a 90-96 F-150 there, I swear either the front left spring was broken or the spring bucket was breaking. She was down by the bow and listing bad.

Smaller guy came out, jumped in and took off like nothing was wrong. :3gears:

Last edited:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have seen that a lot. A car leaning to one side, having as many as two broken springs and the owner having no idea that anything was wrong. I had one guy accuse me of cutting his springs when I told him he needed two in the front, on a year of the Focus that was known for the fronts breaking. The breaks were ragged and rusty and nasty, no way I had just done it.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Exactly!

My Ranger had the broken rear shackle and it leaned something fierce and I never noticed it until a Chevy truck owner asked my why my truck was leaning so bad. I looked at it from the back and even then didn't really notice it because I thought it was sitting in a pothole in the driveway.

Took it to a spring shop and when they lifted the rear end the passenger side wheel stayed on the ground...lol

It also had a broken leaf on the other side and the guy at the shop fixed both for under $150...I was surprised and delighted by his fast service and knowledge...

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I had a Ranger in once, the guy wanted us to flatten the bump in the bed liner. The bump was where the spring had punched through the bed. Crazy thing was the truck was still sitting relatively level.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had a Ranger in once, the guy wanted us to flatten the bump in the bed liner. The bump was where the spring had punched through the bed. Crazy thing was the truck was still sitting relatively level.
I saw a mint '99 F-150 4x4ORP with dealer plates in the JY the last time I was there, as spotless inside and out aside from where they moved it with a forklift. I had to figure out why it was there so I give it a walk around. Hole in the bed, that is funny... look under it and the spring shackle had broke. I suppose rather than sell them a $50 shackle and a drop in bedliner (a lot of people give those away) the dealer talked them into a newer truck and dumped the trade in... I bet they got a lot for it if the dealer sold it to a JY for a couple hundred bucks...

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I can see that... back in 2012 I only found out one of my spring hangers broke because I pulled the bed to replace the fuel filler neck. the truck did not list at all. turned a 40 minute job into a much longer job lol...

AJ

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
My crawler Ranger has always leaned to the driver's side. Never have figured out what causes it, I suspect the frame is actually bent and am convinced of that after replacing both rear springs with brand new ones and going through the front end to make sure something there isn't out of whack (common thing with EB/F150 D30's and D44's when the radius arms aren't leveled.)

Funny thing is that the front of the truck is fine, it's just the driver's side rear that sits about 2" lower. I'm tempted to put a taller lift block on that side.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals